Farai Madziva, vice president of sales and chief of staff for Kitayama Brothers, has joined the California Cut Flowers Commission’s (CCFC) Promotion’s Committee.
Before joining Kitayama Brothers, Madziva was CEO and director at The New Forests Company in East Africa. Prior to that he spent 16 years in the flower business in Kenya and Holland as a GM for Harvest Flowers Ltd. Previously he worked for Langmead Farms in England as a production manager for salad crops.
CCFC Promotion Committee Chair Bruce Brady with Farai Madziva of Kitayama Brothers during CCFC’s Annual Awards Dinner
Madziva holds an MBA from the Royal Agricultural University in the United Kingdom, a bachelor’s in agriculture and land management, and a certificate in marketing implementation mix from the IE Business School.
He started his floral career as a rose grower and graduated to operations management, post-harvest technologies, value chain management, sales and business development.
Other members of the CCFC’s promotion committee include:
- Chair, Bruce Brady, Mellano & Company
- Felicia Alvarez, Menagerie Farm & Flower
- Erin Caird, Por La Mar Nursery
- Linda Giovannozzi, B Fresh Floral
- Tom Lemus, Farmers West Flowers & Bouquets
- Chad Nelson, Eufloria
- Bill Prescott, Sun Valley Floral Farms
- Diana Roy, Resendiz Brothers Protea Growers
- Ivor Van Wingerden, Ocean Breeze Farms
- Jana Wilcox, Ocean View Flowers
For more information:
California Cut Flower Commission
PO Box 90225, Santa Barbara, CA