The Southern Nursery Association (SNA) is calling for nominations for their annual awards to be presented at the 2020 SNA Conference. SNA believes industry members should be recognized for their distinguished talents, extraordinary service and life achievements. The SNA awards program is designed to recognize industry professionals for their distinguished talents, extraordinary service and life achievements, and who have demonstrated their commitment to the Southern Nursery Association and the industry through these annual awards:
- Slater Wight Memorial Award – recognizes the person who, in the opinion of the SNA Board, has contributed most to the advancement of the industry in the South and to the welfare of the Southern Nursery Association. Nominations and selection are made by the SNA Board.
- David E. Laird, Sr. Memorial Award– recognizes qualified young men and women (ages 39 or younger) for outstanding service in the field of environmental horticulture and to offer inspiration for others starting out in the field. Nominations are accepted from State Associations within the SNA region and award recipients are selected by the SNA Board.
- SNA Pinnacle Award – recognizing an individual within the allied industry who, in the opinion of the SNA Board, has contributed most to the advancement of the industry in the south and to the welfare of the Southern Nursery Association. Nominations and selection are made by the SNA Board.
- SNA Environmental Award – recognizes individuals and businesses that have demonstrated exceptional leadership and through their voluntary efforts exemplified inspiration, vision, innovation, leadership and action to preserve and protect the environment. Nominations are accepted from industry members and recipients are selected by the SNA Board.
- Porter Henegar Memorial Award – recognizes individuals who have made outstanding contributions to ornamental horticultural research and, more specifically, to SNA. Nomination and selection are by fellow researchers.
- Don Shadow Award of Excellence – is presented to an individual, corporation or organization that has provided exemplary service, leadership and generosity in the development, promotion and use of new and improved landscape plants. Recipients must demonstrate a sincere commitment to and passion for expanding knowledge and use of new and improved plants for the landscape. Awardees must also demonstrate a strong volunteer and/or service commitment to bringing better plants to the landscape. Nominations are accepted from attendees of the Southern Plant Conference and SNA Members. Selection is made by the SNA Board.
- SNA Honorary Member Award – honors individuals that have served this association and the nursery industry in various capacities throughout the years and have made outstanding contributions during their active participation in the Southern Nursery Association. Recipients are nominated and selected by the SNA Board.
If you know of a deserving person that should be considered to receive the SNA Environmental Award or the Don Shadow Award of Excellence please nominate them by November 1, 2019.
For more information on the SNA Awards Program, a list of previous SNA award winners, and nomination forms, visit the SNA website at www.sna.org/page-1093401.
For more information:
Southern Nursery Association
PO Box 801454
Acworth, GA 30101