Xylella fastidiosa is a bacterium that causes a lot of damage and therefore has a quarantine status within the EU. The experts at Wageningen University & Research use their knowledge about plant pathogenic bacterial diseases for the detection and recognition of this bacterium and later possibly also for its control.
In a new article, they provide answers to the following questions:
- What is Xylella fastidiosa?
- What is the problem with Xylella fastidiosa?
- How does the bacterium spread?
- What happens if Xylella appears in the Netherlands?
- In which significant crops does Xylella cause significant problems?
- How can the disease be tackled?
- What action is being taken to stop the spread?
- How is the control of Xylella being researched?
- What does WUR have to offer in the control of this bacterial disease?
- Where can more information on Xylella fastidiosa be found?