Matilda is the new genetics from Benary. A feather-like fluorescent purple coloured flower that can last for more than two weeks and reach lengths of more than 70 cm, is a cut-flower novelty that attracts both designers and flower growers.
Juan Guaqueta (Guaqueta Trading) and Juan Bessette (Benary)
Given the importance that Proflora 2019 has to the cut flower industry, the German breeder Benary has selected Bogota, Colombia to introduce and launch the Matilda Ptilotus.
Amongst its characteristics:
- Matilda Ptilotus can be used as a main flower or filler.
- A few stems alone make a great flower bouquet.
- Matilda Ptilotus flowers can also be used independently in shorter flower designs
- For the grower, Matilda is value-added genetics.
- Given that Ptilotus exaltatus botanical origin is the dry Outback of Australia, it should be grown with technical care. This, however, allows the flower to have great post-harvest quality.
- Matilda reaches lengths over 70 cms.
- Matilda is a strong traveller.
- Matilda vase life is over 14 days.