Christmas may feel far away, but preparations are in full swing at poinsettia growers. At US nursery Cromwell Growers Inc in Cromwell (CT), for example, they were busy with spacing the poinsettias last week - and no, not manually. In this fascinating video, posted on Linkedin by Chris Cybulski, we see the spacing robots of Harvest Automation running at full speed and getting the job done with utmost discipline and precision.
- Lead Glasshouse Engineer - Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
- Laborant - Bleiswijk
- Farm Manager - India
- Maintenance Technician - Peats Ridge, Australia
- Candidates for Vice-President Operations - Ottawa (Ontario) Canada
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Kenya: Sian introduces summer flowers from new farm
- Ecuadorian rose grower loses stems due to dramatic climatic event
- Kenya: Naivasha Horticultural Fair 2020 receives the official go-ahead
- US (OH): Green Circle Growers expands with 6 acres of greenhouse space
- Smurfit Kappa introduces new sustainable packaging solution for the transport of Colombian roses
At US nursery Cromwell Growers Inc in Cromwell (CT)
It is time to space the poinsettias; watch these robots work!
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-30 "We anticipate energy savings of approximately 2.4 to 3.3 kWh per square foot per year"
- 2020-10-29 FarmVisionAI releases mobile app for powerful in-field AI
- 2020-10-29 4G real-time data loggers are about to enter the market
- 2020-10-28 Prepping grow light systems for winter
- 2020-10-27 Fifty light fixtures, controllable in the palm of your hand
- 2020-10-27 Growers share their first experiences with new climate computer
- 2020-10-27 CE-Line follows up GreenTech Award win with field tests at growers
- 2020-10-27 Improved Daily Light Integrals with satellite data
- 2020-10-23 How precise climate monitoring enhances plant uniformity and quality
- 2020-10-23 Clear visualization of biofilm removal from water lines
- 2020-10-23 Germany: 1200 clean trays per hour at Emsflower
- 2020-10-22 "Efficient Irrigation. Forward Thinking."
- 2020-10-21 From over 10,000 to a maximum of 6 settings: making growing easier
- 2020-10-21 Revolutionary infrared root zone heating system
- 2020-10-19 Canada: "Even when it is -30° C outside, I can keep the soil at 22° C"
- 2020-10-19 "Growers now have a solution to leverage year-round crop production"
- 2020-10-19 Indicator species analysis: A useful tool for plant disease studies
- 2020-10-16 Deliflor opts for hybrid lighting
- 2020-10-16 NL: Maarel Orchids optimises cultivation and reduces costs with photosynthesis sensor
- 2020-10-15 Dueling proteins give shape to plants