Sarah Jandricic, OMAFRA, and Michael Short, Eco Habitat, hosted "IPM 101: Biocontrol Learning Series - The Basics of IPM in Floriculture" on March 2nd. They offered excellent information for growers and two of the many resources that they shared are very helpful for growers implementing biological control programs:
- Head of Sales & Opportunities - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
- Commercial Manager - Spain
- CEO - Australia
- Grower - Location Manager Portugal
- Divisional Sales Manager - Canada
- Specialist meerlagenteelt / vertical farming - De Kwakel
- Farm Manager - India
- Production Manager - Dubai, UAE
- Supply Chain Coordinator - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
- Plant Buyer - Kudelstaart, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- China: Impression of PanAmerican Seed New Variety Pack Trial, 2021 World Garden Show
- Decowraps launches the Eco Wrap
- "Rising demand for Zimbabwean roses calls for farm expansion"
- Uganda: "We've learned some valuable lessons from the COVID-19 period"
- "The Ethiopian flower industry has shown remarkable growth over the past years"
Top 5 -last month
- Change in US flower consumption: "From holiday to everyday purchases"
- "Breeding chrysanthemums in the Colombian climate brings several genetic advantages"
- Colombia: "Mother’s Day season not affected by the protests"
- "The demand for preserved roses has grown exponentially"
- "Kenyan rose farmers watch out: False Codling Moth could stop export of roses to EU"
Ontario's resources on using natural enemies
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-05-17 Canada: Local gardening center adopts fire-resistant plant tagging program
- 2021-05-11 UV trap prevents pest insects from eating crops
- 2021-05-07 High-tech is helping African and Asian countries win battle against desert locusts
- 2021-05-06 Kenya: Protocols for the management of the false codling moth in roses
- 2021-05-05 AU: Flower industry calls for more biosecurity investment amid flower import fears
- 2021-05-05 Taking a more holistic approach to fungus gnat management
- 2021-05-05 Using pathogen testing kits for plant disease diagnosis
- 2021-05-04 U.S. Customs in Louisville sees big increase in prohibited shipments of threatening plants and seeds
- 2021-05-03 Study on production of ornamental pyramid pepper with reflective material in different environments
- 2021-04-28 Leaf-curling plum aphid: a pest to watch
- 2021-04-27 How to fight White Mold (Sclerotinia) on Coleus
- 2021-04-26 "Kenyan rose farmers watch out: False Codling Moth could stop export of roses to EU"
- 2021-04-26 Broad-spectrum Mural fungicide registered for California ornamental growers
- 2021-04-23 Study on precision agriculture technologies for fungal disease management of ornamental plants
- 2021-04-22 "Pay attention to the operating mechanism of products to prevent resistance”
- 2021-04-21 "Beetles that pee themselves to death could be tomorrow’s pest control"
- 2021-04-19 Pythium Root Rot: symptoms and origins
- 2021-04-16 US: What are the options when renewing a pesticide certification?
- 2021-04-15 April pest of the month: Xylella fastidiosa
- 2021-04-12 Kenya: Locust outbreak may be coming to an end