The German breeder and young plant producer Brandkamp is known for breeding fuchsias and lantana, but several other species are also intensively bred for years.
New Calibrachoa varieties
For example, their Calibrachoa, which are sold under the line name Calimero. Three new varieties will be added for the next 2021/2022 season:
- Calimero Trailing Velvet Red: A stronger growing variety with large, velvet red flowers. As a trailing type that quickly creates a lot of volume, the novelty is also very suitable for hanging baskets. ”A variety of this type was simply missing from our range up to now. We have now closed this gap ”, says company owner Hubert Brandkamp.
- The same applies to Calimero Trailing Ivory, which grows rather compact, but blooms very early with large flowers. According to Brandkamp, the variety is an all-rounder that is suitable for all uses except in large hanging baskets, such as pots, balcony boxes and smaller hanging baskets.
- As the name suggests, Calimero White-Pink is a two-tone variety. Growing stronger with a lot of small flowers, it is very well suited for mixed product forms in the pink-purple range, regardless of whether it is a mix of hanging baskets, tubs or window boxes.
New Osteospermum varieties
In addition, Brandkamp's Osteospermum are marketed under the name Caprivi. Two new varieties will be added for the next season:
- Caprivi Pure with pure white flowers with a blue centre. "The very large flowers stand in a perfect umbrella above the plant. The vigour of the variety is good, even larger pots can be filled without any problems. A very important variety with the main colour white," explains Hubert Brandkamp.
- Caprivi Lilac is a deep purple variety. Even if the flowers are not that big, they have a very good vigour and are therefore not only suitable for larger pots but also very well suited for planting beds.
For more information: