A growing Facebook collective is calling for upside-down flags to keep hanging up. The collective, 'Farmers and Gardeners Movement Westland,' is responding to a Westland municipality decision. In the municipality, flags along public roads must be gone by 15 October. That does not alter the fact that flags can be hung on, for example, a facade, buffer tank, or silo, as shown by a video about hanging a large upside-down Dutch flag on grower Ruud van der Hoeven's heat buffer. Watch the call on the Facebook page here.
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
- Acrotelm and wood fiber as alternative to peat
- Syngenta Flowers announces collaboration with Polish begonia breeder
- "Dollar exchange rate means double export volumes to North America, but not all that glitters is gold"
- "The situation in Europe has changed, but in Africa it didn't"
- Water-saving tools for flower growers
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-28 "The situation in Europe has changed, but in Africa it didn't"
- 2022-09-28 "Dollar exchange rate means double export volumes to North America, but not all that glitters is gold"
- 2022-09-27 Questions about how growers use gas to make money
- 2022-09-26 Canada-Carribbean Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program update
- 2022-09-26 Responsible Business Conduct Agreement for the floriculture sector finalized
- 2022-09-26 Beige flowers: flowers that match current color trends
- 2022-09-26 AU: Smart Production Nursery factsheet available for growers
- 2022-09-26 UK energy support for businesses is welcome, but more details are needed
- 2022-09-26 LA based company, Verona Roses, shakes up the market for preserved flowers and personalization
- 2022-09-23 India: low flower sales lead to price decrease in Koyembedu market
- 2022-09-23 UK farm businesses to have energy bills halved as part of new scheme
- 2022-09-23 India: CSIR-IIIM organizes training program for farmers
- 2022-09-21 Indian flower growers eye co-op with Turkish firms to boost sector
- 2022-09-21 Call for protest collective: 'Keep putting up upside-down flags'
- 2022-09-16 Largest wildflower farm in the US blooms in Fredericksburg
- 2022-09-16 Horticultural municipalities send urgent letter
- 2022-09-16 Floriculture market is rising due to growing use of flowers for aesthetic purposes
- 2022-09-15 Borrow the blooms is disrupting the flower industry with their sustainable, aromatic flowers
- 2022-09-15 New training helps nurseries be on the lookout for invasive species
- 2022-09-15 Australian flower brand LVLY launches in Malaysia