More and more software packages support the ability to handle direct delivery via the Floriday API link. This allows you to take the direct order without having to use the Connect-EAB. The Connect-EAB is, in fact not robust for future developments needed in digital business. Before the end of this year, software vendors will offer this option to all their customers. And during 2023, a tariff will therefore be levied on the Connect-EAB.
Orders placed through Floriday now are also already being handled through Floriday. Orders received by phone, through WhatsApp, or through Florecom are still mostly handled through the Connect-EAB. Software vendors are currently developing a setup so that all orders created outside of Floriday can also be handled through the Floriday API link. A number of software vendors are already rolling this out.
To avoid keeping two systems live unnecessarily, the use of the Connect-EAB will eventually be discouraged through an additional fee. We will only do this once the software vendors actually support the module and it is rolled out to their customers. An exact date and fee amount has not yet been determined. The Connect-EAB is not resilient to future developments needed in digital business. The current technology behind the Connect-EAB is outdated and stands in the way of future developments and functionalities. Handling direct delivery digitally through the Floriday API offers growers and buyers, now and in the future, more trading opportunities and insight:
- Growers receive more insights into order processing. For example, there is instant credit checking in advance, and the current order status is displayed. In addition, growers can include more information with direct delivery, such as the number and type of barrels.
- Buyers receive more insight into order status. If track&trace information becomes available, then as a buyer, you can see what the order status is and exactly when it will be delivered.
- New payment methods on Floriday are supported by direct delivery in Floriday. Like the eWallet that allows growers to sell to a wider group of buyers.
What does this mean specifically?
For growers, the changes are minimal. Except that growers will soon have the option in their software package to handle direct delivery through the Floriday API.
- A number of software suppliers have already built in full direct delivery orders via Floriday. Depending on the software vendor, it is installed by the software vendor for growers, or growers must activate it themselves. If necessary, contact your software supplier. And see which software packages already support it here.
- For software packages yet to be extended with this feature, this will happen in the coming months. Growers will be notified - at the time of rollout - by their software vendor. And you can see here which software packages are in the process of implementation.
- Growers working only through Floriday screens already handle their direct delivery through Floriday. Find out in the Help Center how to handle direct delivery through Floriday's screens.
For more information: