In this video, Widya Discovery takes viewers to a tulip farm in Europe to see how tulips are grown using hydroponic systems in greenhouses. The tulip bulbs are first arranged in a seeding medium and then moved to a cold room with water mixed with calcium nitrate. After two to three weeks, the bulbs sprout and are transferred to the greenhouse. The flowers are harvested based on the size of their petals and go through sorting and packaging processes before being distributed to consumers.
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-01 Multilingual support for IPM and yield forecasting platform
- 2023-06-01 Plants can sense when something touches them
- 2023-06-01 Analysis of single plant cells provides insights into natural product biosynthesis
- 2023-06-01 US (FL): Researchers focus on vanilla as alternative crops for small growers
- 2023-06-01 How a mysterious protein plays a crucial role in plant growth
- 2023-05-25 "Growers apply shading later because of dark spring"
- 2023-05-25 "As soon as there is a crisis, there is more need to zoom in on data"
- 2023-05-24 Starting Rudbeckia ‘Sunbeckia’ production
- 2023-05-23 Solar cells that support greenhouse farming
- 2023-05-23 US: Michigan agriculture organizations support Farm Bill facilities investment
- 2023-05-19 Cropping Up: Ride the farming wave with Utah horticulturalist Sheridan Hansen
- 2023-05-18 Cultivation digitization: how can growers get started?
- 2023-05-18 "Growing demand for construction professionals in CEA"
- 2023-05-17 Pursuing sustainability in floriculture
- 2023-05-15 "Vertical solar panels under the gutter can provide significant savings in plastic greenhouses"
- 2023-05-11 Embracing change with new growing systems
- 2023-05-05 US (CA): Winery uses flowers instead of grapes
- 2023-05-05 Scientists unlock the secret to roses aroma
- 2023-05-04 The lost art of chrysanthemum cultivation
- 2023-05-03 Comprehensive assessment of varieties of garden roses in the conditions of the Udmurt Republic