Plant World has emerged from the collaboration between Van der Arend Tropical Plantcenter, JoGrow, and Smit Kwekerijen. With nurseries in Westland and Groningen, Plant World serves customers throughout Europe and beyond.
Some interesting facts about the nursery:
- In addition to hardy palms, over 150 different (sub)tropical plants are produced.
- The nursery holds 85 plant breeders' rights for protected plants and is continuously engaged in developing new varieties.
- Plant World's cultivation area covers 39 hectares of its own nurseries in the Netherlands (in Groningen and Westland) and France (100 hectares) and it also maintains collaborations with nurseries in Asia, Africa, and Central America. In total, the team consists of 360 employees.
You can regularly discover new varieties and innovative concepts at Plant World. Within the well-known Eden Collection, new varieties are frequently added. The most recent concepts include:
- Adorable little plants: a hanging plant concept consisting of an attractive stand with about 32 hanging plants in a pot size of 10.5 cm.
- Begonia Magic Colours: An attractive assortment of leaf begonias in a pot size of 12 cm, notable for their colors and leaf variations (pointed and round leaves). The product line is also available as a tabletop concept with 8 begonia varieties, each with a unique appearance.
A Sustainable Choice
Plant World cultivates with a heart for our planet and nature. The company continuously improves to grow plants that are cleaner, more sustainable, and fairer. The guiding principle of cultivation is a sustainable and natural approach to plant growth. The nursery employs biological pest control methods such as predatory mites and parasitic wasps. They also use the NatuGrow system, which stands for Natural Growing, to make the plants more resilient and healthier. This approach results in plants that are less susceptible to diseases like Pythium, Fusarium, Mildew, and Botrytis.
The plants from Plant World meet the highest sustainability standards and are affiliated with various quality organizations. They hold multiple certifications, such as MPS A, GAP, Productproof, SQ, GRASP, and PlanetProof.