- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Turnkey Vegetable Greenhouse Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -last week
- 19 companies sign statement not to take part in IPM 2021
- "It will make us one of the pioneering flower companies in Latin America"
- New Kenyan flower exporter gets off to a challenging start
- Russia: A peek at FlowersExpo 2020 in Moscow
- "By being prepared at all times, we can kick off any exhibition, at any time”
Top 5 -last month
UK: International Poinsettia Day celebrated with living dress
Fashioning the ombré gown from over 300 freshly cut stems of red, variegated and cream poinsettia and styling it amongst a sea of poinsettia plants, Okishima & Simmonds have re-imagined the Christmas classic.
“We love to create unique designs that merge the floral world with the fashion world and International Poinsettia Day has given us an exciting opportunity to do that,” says Jessica Simmonds of Okishima & Simmonds, who were commissioned on the project by Stars for Europe, the EU-wide poinsettia campaign. “We wanted the dress to flow so that it looked as though it was growing out of the poinsettia beds beneath, so we used the traditional red poinsettia for the skirt and showcased other colours through the bodice.”
In 2014, over eight million poinsettia plants were sold in the UK in just two months, an increase of 15% on the previous year, making the poinsettia the best-selling houseplant after the year-round orchid. The poinsettia fashion shoot was set in the poinsettia glasshouse of Hill Brothers Nurseries in Chichester.
International Poinsettia Day is celebrated on 12 December and marks the death of Joel Robert Poinsett, the US diplomat and botanist, who introduced the poinsettia to the United States from Mexico in 1828.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-17 When in-person flower sales no longer work
- 2020-09-16 Get your copy of the Greenhouse Guide
- 2020-09-16 Malaysia looking to rekindle national flower glory
- 2020-09-15 J Schwanke featured in Flower Circus Talks
- 2020-09-15 Beekenkamp Plants announces new hobby vegetables concept
- 2020-09-11 Campaign plan for The Trend Collection Autumn/Winter 2020
- 2020-09-11 US: Back to school with plants
- 2020-09-10 ‘Tis what season already?
- 2020-09-09 UK: 'Fill the Distance with Beauty' campaign takes off
- 2020-09-09 US (CA): How one Bay Area tech company's small weekly delivery created a big morale boost
- 2020-09-07 In September in the spotlight: Strelitzia and hydrangea
- 2020-09-07 UK: Morrisons launches affordable letterbox flowers
- 2020-09-04 "Petal It Forward’s mission especially timely this year"
- 2020-09-03 Where we Bloom: Call for submissions
- 2020-09-03 A "Made in Italy" flower brand is born
- 2020-09-02 Barile launches youROSES
- 2020-08-28 Mornings with Mayesh: How to streamline your business
- 2020-08-27 How to promote your flower business online (and why you can't ignore it)
- 2020-08-27 US: Florists promote ‘back to school’ flowers
- 2020-08-26 NL: Giant Flower Bulbs floating about in flower bulb area