- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Innovative low oxygen box extends cut flower shelf life
- "We plan to leverage the breeding powerhouse, advanced technologies that Ball has invested in"
- Trial shows potential of single stem marigold cut flowers for vase, bouquet use
- “Father of the South American flower industry”
- Vaughan’s Horticulture announces the unexpected passing of beloved employee Matt Willoughby
US: Ellen Frost recognized at cut flower conference
The Armitage Leadership Award is given to those in the floral industry who consistently strive to foster the goals of ASCFG, and the specialty cut flower industry.
Ellen is recognized as one of the country’s first florists to use and promote exclusively locally-grown floral product: all flowers used in her designs are grown within 100 miles of her studio. Ellen’s philosophy is to be as gentle to the earth as possible: all discarded material is composted, containers used in designs are often upcycled and reused, she swore off using floral foam years ago, and her shop uses wind power as an energy source.
Working with dozens of regional growers, Local Color Flowers is able to produce award-winning wedding and event designs year-round, even in the off season when imported flowers are often used.
Ellen actively supports other small, locally-owned businesses in her Baltimore neighborhood, contributing to their success, and improving the lives of local residents. Many designers working at Ellen’s shop have been there for years, reflecting Ellen’s ability to maintain a business that works for everyone involved, not only the owner, but the workers, farmers, neighbors, and community at large.
Ellen is also admired for encouraging, mentoring, and supporting young or beginning flower growers, by helping them establish their farms, offering production and marketing advice, and purchasing their cut flowers on continuing basis. Many flower farmers in the Mid-Atlantic owe her a great debt of gratitude for her long-term commitment to their success.
For more information:
Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-21 "Business is blooming at flower shops in Canada amid pandemic"
- 2021-01-19 Stabilized flowers have a lower environmental impact
- 2021-01-18 Florists’ Review brands sold to Fuse Media+
- 2021-01-15 SA: Flower industry flooded by funeral requests due to Covid
- 2021-01-15 Illinois florist worried the pandemic would close her south suburban startup. Delivering surprise bouquets helped it thrive.
- 2021-01-14 US: How flower delivery services are growing their consumer bases In 2021
- 2021-01-14 CAN: Quebec florists say they don't fully understand why they are essential
- 2021-01-13 Ireland: ‘We are surviving,’ says florist as new Government measures bite
- 2021-01-08 US (OK): Curbside grows into flower business
- 2021-01-07 Online florist Bloom & Wild nears $100M round
- 2021-01-06 How this Australian florist survived the pandemic
- 2021-01-05 UK in another lockdown, what does it mean for florists, garden centers?
- 2020-12-18 COVID business booms for Hong Kong online flower shops this Christmas
- 2020-12-16 Beautiful people of the flower industry: Blucid Floral
- 2020-12-11 "Pantone’s Ultimate Gray and Illuminating Yellow set a much-needed, hopeful tone for 2021"
- 2020-12-11 From Buckingham Palace to Winnipeg
- 2020-12-09 How Matilda’s Bloombox unboxed the life-changing gift of flowers
- 2020-11-30 US (AZ): Local flower shop shares story of surviving the pandemic on Small Business Saturday
- 2020-11-27 Poland: New dates for the European Floristry Championship are 25 to 27 June 2021
- 2020-11-26 UK: "New Covent Garden Market is an Instagrammer's dream"