Top 5 -yesterday
- “European market hungry for newer waxflower varieties”
- "The Indian floriculture industry is going through a transition"
- "It seems that Polish people save money on everything, except on greenery"
- Houseplants can positively impact your mental health, according to researchers
- The next phase of the launch of the Euro Plant Tray, the new reusable plant tray
Top 5 -last month
UK: Organic Blooms becomes certified organic
"Many people ask why it is so important to us that our flowers are certified organic. From our perspective, it’s simple – we feel that our flowers hold more beauty because they are grown naturally and without a cost to the environment. They are grown in harmony with the local wildlife and actually add to the biodiversity of the area. We consider the Soil Association symbol to denote quality, ethics and a product or business that cares about the impact of its actions on the wider world."
"So for us, this season will be extra special because we will be harvesting our first certified organic bouquets. We have a few ideas about what we should do with our very first bouquet – auction it for charity? Send it to the queen? Let us know if you have any ideas!"
For more information:
The Former Allotment
Tel: 01454 300 300
Mob: 07766 023921
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-21 "Beleaf in green"
- 2022-05-31 Most common Mexican edible flowers
- 2022-03-02 Floral lattes may be the prettiest social media trend of 2022
- 2020-03-10 Designing resilient organic greenhouse production systems for Europe
- 2019-12-18 Ellepot introducing new paper for organic production
- 2019-05-17 Iberflora Labs: The new space of innovation and research for Iberflora
- 2019-04-19 UK: Is our love affair with begonias and marigolds costing the earth?
- 2019-03-27 US: Efficacy of biochemical biopesticides that may be used in organic farming
- 2019-03-13 UK: New support service launched to help farmers considering organic
- 2019-02-04 How to grow flowers organically
- 2018-10-10 "Growing organic not always feasible"
- 2018-07-16 UK: Organic grower on an environmental mission
- 2018-07-06 “The missing link in the organic production“
- 2018-06-26 US (PA): LED improves production and plant quality in organic greenhouse
- 2018-04-11 Transforming St Lucia’s floriculture industry
- 2017-10-23 To dig, or not to dig?
- 2017-05-18 Ellepot introduces paper for organic plant propagation
- 2017-03-13 UK: Organic flowers blossom into spring
- 2017-02-22 UK: Organic Blooms becomes certified organic
- 2017-02-01 Ireland: Organic grower compares edible flowers with slow food