- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- Nanobubble tech improves root health and vitality of Gerbera Daisies
- Cucurbit powdery mildew control in 2022
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
'Calibrachoa MiniFamous Double PinkTastic'
Selecta one wins FleuroStar Award
Anita Stöver accepting the award. Left Heike Gronemann, right Herman Hamer.
Calibrachoa MiniFamous Double PinkTastic of Selecta one was competing against (clockwise, starting upper left): Calibrachoa Conga Sunset Kiss of Florensis (Marjolein Kuyucu-Lodder), Dahlia LaBella Maggiore Rose Bicolour of Beekenkamp Plants (Sirekit Mol), Helianthus interspecific Sunfinity of Syngenta Flowers (Geert-Jan Aldering) and Pepper Mamba-Red F1 of Prudac (Ard Ammerlaan).
The award for best introduction 'winner with the wow-factor', is handed out annually at the FlowerTrials. This year, they decided to organize the ceremony at one of the nominees; Beekenkamp. Around 90 people attended the ceremony that was held yesterday, Thursday June 15.
Thomas Bousart, Managing Director Dümmen Orange, won the award in 2016.
According to the jury, the MiniFamous Double PinkTastic catches the eye thanks to two bi-coloured pink-white circles of inner petals in each flower, which add to an in-depth colour perception. "This excellent summer performer enjoys all the benefits of the MiniFamous series, such as easy growth, improved root system, the very early flowering and mildew tolerance."
MiniFamous Double PinkTastic
The jury consisted of over 30 professionals from the breeding, production, retail, journalism and marketing industry. A new judge this year was Frank Sonnenberg, Product Manager at the German high street flower shop chain Blume 2000. Also Arjo Maat, Dutch pot and bedding plant grower specialising in Begonia, offered his expert view.
A full house
The new FleuroStar winner will receive considerable marketing support. Next to conducting an international press campaign, Fleuroselect promotes the new winner at trade fairs and industry events. Contest sponsors KAS Tuinbouwcommunicatie offer an advertising campaign, marketing agency Pull Position a tailor made promotion project at retail level and DeschPlantpak a full spread in its lifestyle brochure.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-06-29 Olij Roses transforms into Dümmen Orange
- 2018-06-28 Deliflor introduces white disbudded chrysanthemum Falcon
- 2018-06-27 Breeder reports record number of visitors during FlowerTrials
- 2018-06-26 Ball Seed releases 2019-2020 catalog
- 2018-06-25 "A classic Spring Trials season"
- 2018-06-22 Plants have unique lock to control expression of genes
- 2018-06-21 "Proposed Farm Bill offers more protection for flower breeders"
- 2018-06-20 Uganda: Dutch breeder paves the way to sustainability
- 2018-06-19 US (LA): Limelight hydrangea named Louisiana Super Plant
- 2018-06-18 Oso Easy Urban Legend Rosa wins ARS Award of Excellence
- 2018-06-15 Extensive trialling leads to resilient Imara impatiens walleriana
- 2018-06-14 Australia: Somatic fusion could lead to new waxflower hybrids
- 2018-06-13 US: A sneak peek of Agastache Poquito Orange
- 2018-06-12 Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials display
- 2018-06-11 Four breeders launch breeding platform
- 2018-06-08 Universities breed new varieties and careers
- 2018-06-07 Edelweiss as a cut flower
- 2018-06-06 UK: Breadth of National Plant Collections on display
- 2018-06-05 Australia: National Herbarium of NSW moves to Western Sydney
- 2018-06-04 Italy: Coral Plant holds first Lisianthus open house