- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
FlowerTrials: 4 out of 5 exhibitors see rise in visitor numbers
More locations per visitor
Visitors aim at making the most of their day at the FlowerTrials. The number of locations visited increased by 11% with a total of 35,725 individual visits registered, meaning an average of 5 per person. As many locations host several breeders, the average number of companies visited per person is significantly higher. The new route planner can be seen to have helped the visitors plan their trips more efficiently. A surge in visitors from Colombia, the major Floriculture producer in the Americas, was particularly noticeable with a major delegation from the Colombian Growers Association. Interest from Asia was again on the increase with considerably more visitors from Japan, Korea and China echoing the relevance of trade with growers and retailers in this part of the world. More visitors from Israel, Iran and the U.S.A. also found their way to the event.
Gill Corless, Chairwoman of the FlowerTrials Board: “I am delighted to have seen our brand-new slogan ‘where plants meet people’ confirmed last week. The feedback I received from the many visitors I spoke to echoed the success of the event’s formula, i.e. 59 individual companies showing their very best achievements in breeding to growers, traders and buyers worldwide. I would like to make use of the occasion to congratulate all exhibitors with the high quality of their displays. These ongoing efforts make FlowerTrials the key event in pot and bedding plants on the horticultural calendar.”
FlowerTrials exhibitors open their doors next year in week 24 from 12th to 15th June 2018.
FloralDaily was also present at the FlowerTrials. Check out our photo report here.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"