- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Growers find new sales channels through Floradecora
“We have not only been able to interest representatives of supermarkets in our products and what people can do with them, but also people from furniture stores, restaurant businesses, city and town marketing agencies and event organisers.”
Sonja Dümmen, who oversees operations from the German headquarters in Rheinberg, sees in this precisely Floradecora’s advantages: “We are not only showcasing different types of flowers here, but also ideas for using them, for packaging and design. We are leaving the traditional by-ways of the B-to-B sector and drawing the attention of hotels, offices, cosmetics shops and clothing retailers to the notion that flowers are a decorative item that bring life to sales floors and also make a beautiful gift in themselves.”
Beautiful but simple flower offers prove popular
Ideas involving flowers and plants, that are easy to sell, are what appealed to new customers, above all. Most popular of all were presentational solutions, which are easy to handle and alluring in their impact. “Large bouquets are just a step too far for the new customers,” says Rokus Hassefras. “What attracts people are unfussy, easily grasped items, that are simple to care for and to deal with, items that even people who are not used to handling them can cope with.” One example of this is ‘Jewels’ - high-quality flower bulbs, whose presentation echoes the look of the candy shop.
Marketing concept for flower bulbs – ‘Jewels’ borrows a look from the sweet shop: Photo: Dümmen Orange
Each colour has its own packaging: the tulips have red; the daffodils, yellow; amaryllis a gold or black presentation bag – for bulbs covered in wax, that need no looking after, at all.
Another uncomplicated gift idea is provided with ready-made flower / vase arrangements in a gift box. “These are simple ideas that new customers can envisage in their own shops,” emphasises marketing expert Hassefras once again, “ideas, with which one can make a start, without the need for any knowledge of floristry.”
Arrangements with pot plants in a gift box, offered as a convenience product. Photo: Dümmen Orange
“And who will be coming to Floradecora with you again next year?” It is a question that Dümmen Orange put to the participating members of their consortium after the trade fair. “I was greatly pleased and encouraged by the result,” says Rokus Hassefras. “We brought ten customers along. Eight replied spontaneously that they would like to join in again. And the other two are even thinking about having their own stands.”
Rokus Hassefras & Sonja Dümmen, Marketing Managers Dümmen Orange. Photo: Dümmen Orange
Dümmen Orange have already signed up for 2018. The 360° tour of Floradecora 2017 at floradecora.messefrankfurt.com/virtualtour provides further information about the portfolio of products and services on offer, including details of contact persons. If you have any questions about taking part in Floradecora, contact Martina Bullack (tel: +49 69 75 75-64 66, email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-09 Cyber resilience across the chain
- 2023-11-06 Colour your Story goes digital
- 2023-10-25 How to appeal to millennials?
- 2023-10-20 That Flower Feeling hosts webinar
- 2023-10-16 Outdoor plants in the spotlight in four consumer magazines in the Netherlands
- 2023-10-12 Alkmaar colored red and white
- 2023-10-02 Cyclamen from Schoneveld Breeding shine in Vatican City
- 2023-09-29 Grandparents' Day: a day full of flowers
- 2023-09-18 Gardening Simplified show celebrates first anniversary with high ratings
- 2023-09-11 'Amistad' wins Best in Show and CalFlowers wins SAF’s Marketer of the Year Award
- 2023-09-01 Thanks Plants campaign exclusively online this year
- 2023-08-25 PDSI's marketing approach sparks 2023 growth among younger generations in engagement and sales
- 2023-08-25 Turkey: 'Carnation export revenues may boom with better marketing"
- 2023-08-16 Cinefleur magazine visiting Dutch growers
- 2023-08-11 "It's time to get graphic"
- 2023-08-11 Garden Connect launches a plant database, including photos and descriptions