Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Royal FloraHolland: Final day Florists Clock Naaldwijk
Picture: Twitter @Sanders_Paul
Royal FloraHolland is noticing that the buyers from the Florists Clock Naaldwijk are purchasing almost entirely online. This is often creating an imbalance between supply and demand, which is irresponsible. That is why the Florists Clock will be closing sooner than was planned.
In 2014, the clock was established, a solution for the smaller growers and buyers, who could sell/buy local products. And they, according to them, could count on fair prices. They fear that this will become more difficult.
Image: Royal FloraHolland
According to Royal FloraHolland, this fear is unfounded: "The possibilities for digital and small-scale purchases at these marketplaces have been greatly improved", they said in an recent published statement. "We have made these platforms more accessible and cheaper to use and this allows the auction to offer an alternative to the Florists Clock."
The Florists clocks in Rijnsburg and Eelde still remain open.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 US (FL): "Fresh products at any time of the year is essential"
- 2023-05-30 AU: Online florist accused of misleading customers
- 2023-05-23 Kenya: Kericho florist's ornamentals business thrives
- 2023-05-22 UK: Lucy Vail prepares to dazzle 168,000 visitors with floral display at the main gate
- 2023-05-22 UK: MP visits Kinver florist shop championing British flowers
- 2023-05-18 "How to prepare your floral business for the 2023 wedding season"
- 2023-05-15 Albrighton grower to unveil rose named after mystery celebrity at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-12 US (NC): Florist’s in Cape Fear are gearing up for Mother’s Day
- 2023-05-11 A look behind the scenes of the floral supply chain
- 2023-05-10 Florists in Turkey gear up for Mother's Day celebrations
- 2023-05-10 UK: How an East Yorkshire flower grower helped set the scene for the Coronation
- 2023-05-08 AU: Subiaco to come alive with floral creations for Mother’s Day
- 2023-05-01 UK: London's 4am flower market that's gone TikTok viral
- 2023-04-19 US (UT): Locally-grown flower market opens in Pleasant Grove
- 2023-04-05 US: "A look at my floral process, start to finish"
- 2023-03-22 "SecondFlor answers your wish of preserved flowers in the USA"
- 2023-03-20 US (IA): Spring on track for Iowa trees, shrubs, and flowers
- 2023-03-10 Funeral Flowers Arrangement same day delivery service to United States and Canada
- 2023-03-01 US (PA): Black women florists group blooms in the spotlight at the PHS Flower Show
- 2023-02-22 “Making the industry more efficient benefits everyone”