- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Building life in the soil:
US: Village Nurseries and Kellogg Garden Products to launch video series
Featuring Gisele Schoniger, organic gardening educator for KGP, and Nicholas Staddon, Village Nurseries’ Plantsman, the series educates viewers about the best Kellogg soils and mulch to use for their landscapes. It also showcases some of Village Nurseries’ patented and exclusive plants.
The first video, available at https://youtu.be/GEtmmlxvFWM, is titled “Two Multitasker Planting Mixes for the Landscape & Garden.” It demonstrates two foundational products for landscapes and gardens: Gardner & Bloome Organics Harvest Supreme and Kellogg Garden Organics Gromulch.
Future videos in the series will cover topics such as filling and revitalizing raised beds, feeding acid loving plants, cactus, citrus, and succulents, selecting the right mulch for the landscape, building soil for native plants in low-water landscapes, planting containers, and breaking through tough soils.
David House, president and CEO of Village Nurseries, stated: “This new video series represents a continuation of our ongoing commitment to educating landscape architects and designers about the latest trends and issues in the industry. We are even more pleased that we could partner with Kellogg, one of the most respected companies in the entire landscape community.”
Ms. Schoniger has been the organic gardening educator for Kellogg Garden Products for the past 17 years providing ideas and solutions for building healthy soils and successful gardens. In her 34 years in the garden industry, she has accumulated a wide range of experience and knowledge: owned an interiorscape company, worked for the State Department of Agriculture, practiced as a horticultural therapist with senior citizens and launched an outstanding sales career by helping establish top-selling organic gardening products. She earned her degree in ornamental horticulture from California Polytechnic University in San Luis Obispo.
Before joining Village Nurseries, Mr. Staddon spent more than 25 years as director of new plants and as national spokesperson for Monrovia Growers. Working with professional plant breeders, hybridizers, and explorers, he scoured the globe for new discoveries in the plant world. He has long been a sought out resource and guest for television and radio gardening shows across the U.S., and has worked closely with professional garden communicators, providing information on plants both old and new.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."