- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
Terra Nova commemorates 25th anniversary with new catalog
Terra Nova Nurseries’ staff conceptualized and designed the catalog’s more than 190 pages to serve as a systemized and resourceful sales tool, avoiding standard product listings and typical imagery arrangement.
The catalog includes sections for each genus and featured varieties within all newly released series and collections. Numerous new individual varieties are also profiled across large, colorful display pages. Selections include coleus, coreopsis, echinacea, heuchera, heucherella, kniphofia, lithodora, pulmonaria, sedum, tiarella, begonia, among others.
Specific sections of the catalog include important information such as new plants for 2017-2018; perennial and annual variety descriptions; plug and Unrooted Cutting Program (URC) criteria; tag program details; marketing metrics; cultural information; sales team contacts; ordering forms; and other resourceful content. A consistent layout allows for simplified, easy access to all facts, photos and insights needed for grower-customers to make informed purchasing decisions.
“Our ongoing goal involves conceptualizing and executing informational content and marketing on the same high level of innovation as our breeding,” says Ken Brown, co-owner and general manager of Terra Nova Nurseries.
Also of note, this year’s catalog celebrates a quarter century of business since the company’s Ken Brown and Dan Heims formed a professional alliance that would help change the face of horticulture. Along with co-founders Jody Brown and Lynne Bartenstein, they vertically integrated a breeding company and tissue culture facility, combining forces to generate and introduce now nearly a thousand varieties of new perennials and annuals.
As a result, this year’s catalog cover features hundreds of thumbnail photos of varieties bred and introduced by Terra Nova Nurseries. The catalog also includes a two-page timeline, highlighting standout achievements by Terra Nova Nurseries during the course of its history. A special anniversary section of imagery depicts the front cover of each annual catalog since 1992, showcasing the creative approaches Terra Nova Nurseries’ personnel have implemented to inspire growers and gardeners to imagine all the possibilities that can be achieved with their plants.
For more information about new plants available from Terra Nova Nurseries and to view the catalog in digital format, visit www.terranovanurseries.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-09-28 NL: New products and plant trials at Cyclamen Open Days
- 2018-09-27 Early sales opportunities
- 2018-09-26 Australia: Best practice scheme ‘BioSecure HACCP’ gets tick of approval
- 2018-09-25 Anthura wins Plantum Sustainability Award 2018
- 2018-09-24 EU: CPVO participates in expansion of UPOV PRISMA PBR application tool
- 2018-09-21 PanAmerican Seed welcomes Luther McLaughlin
- 2018-09-20 Generating plants with improved water use efficiency
- 2018-09-20 Prepared for new season with two new planting robots
- 2018-09-19 "Uniform wetting and rewetting of the plugs"
- 2018-09-18 Florist Holland receives 2 Novelty awards for Standard Gerberas Glossy and Jetset
- 2018-09-17 India: Florance Flora releases Young Plants Catalogue 2019 - 2020
- 2018-09-14 Selecta One releases new Perennials catalogue 2019
- 2018-09-13 Proven Winners releases new recipe guide for professional growers
- 2018-09-12 US (CA): Sakata Seed America completes Woodland Innovation Center
- 2018-09-11 “Sport in the premier division”
- 2018-09-10 NZ: Rose breeder Rob Somerfield to speak at Otago Rose Society's meeting
- 2018-09-07 US: Skagit Horticulture launches new tissue culture lab
- 2018-09-06 Russia: Baltica celebrates birthday at FlowersExpo'2018
- 2018-09-06 J. Berry claims two major awards with Texas A&M AgriLife hibiscus hybrids
- 2018-09-05 NL: Lifting hygiene to the next level