- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Particularly high demand for tracked machines with slewing ring and pipe rail carts at the moment"
- Reducing the spread of viruses with double cover films
- "Four new packs, four new sustainable solutions"
- "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- Biostimulant wins EU LIFE Award 2023 in the Environment category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
New Zealand: Carnation grower perfects the picking point
As a family team, they pick by hand three times a week and then strictly ‘grade’ their carnations in a packing shed at the bottom of their property. Loef Carnations follow strict ‘grading guidelines’ to ensure that only the best quality is sold to the New Zealand market.
Carnations need to be picked at the right time, when the bloom isn’t too open and isn’t too closed. This is a ‘picking point’ that the Loef’s have spent years perfecting along with their specific variety range of carnations.
NZ Flowers Week met their youngest son busy removing all of the glass panes from some of their older houses as they will be replacing with plastic sheeting. These houses have been on this property since the early 1980s.
Read more at NZ Flowers Week
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-08 "Change, differing opinions, and respect for each other, that's timeless"
- 2023-06-06 LED solutions save 40% of energy for Topline Gerbera and increases stem weight
- 2023-06-05 US: "A tapestry of nature's splendor"
- 2023-06-05 Rare orchid grower says it's a piece of cake
- 2023-06-05 US: Southwest Virginia organic farm blossoming
- 2023-06-01 “With our placement in Türkiye, we have easy access to the rest of the world”
- 2023-06-01 Buying an established farm, expanding a market for luxury flower, and scale up for future growth
- 2023-06-01 "When buying our products, not only the rose production will be supported, also the well-being of rescued wildlife"
- 2023-05-31 Women transform their horizons in rural Morocco
- 2023-05-31 CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- 2023-05-30 Europe: "Demand and potential is there"
- 2023-05-29 Collier’s Greenhouse executive named finalist in National horticulture competition
- 2023-05-29 US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- 2023-05-26 Ecuador: Rosaprima shares their 2022-2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023-05-26 Tunisian journalist switches to growing edible flowers
- 2023-05-25 Bransford Webbs continually improves water efficiency
- 2023-05-24 UK: St Briavels grower Jo Thompson proves cut above with flowers role in Coronation
- 2023-05-24 Team from Low Fulney’s Opperman Plants head to Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-22 French nursery specialises in plants that taste of cheese or oysters
- 2023-05-22 Isle of Man: Growing beautiful and sustainable cut flowers