- Maintenance Engineer (CA, USA)
- Head of Horticulture - Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Executive Officer - Brisbane, Australia
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
Top 5 -yesterday
- "This variety has the potential to become one of the biggest of its kind"
- Mr. Jack Ma, founder of Alibaba Group, visits largest AI greenhouse in Asia
- A look into the devastating effects of Xylella Fastidiosa on the historic olive trees in Puglia, Italy
- UK: Garden centre customers find happiness in houseplants in October
- Duijndam Machines continues the remarkable growth story with second generation
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Rules about florists opening during lockdown in England
- Beekenkamp Plants grows in North America
- China's largest high-tech rose project to be completed by Spring 2021
- McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture expand teams, announce extensive slate of new hires
- China: 34-hectare rose project goes into production
Control Dekk OASIS for hanging baskets:
Ingenious system takes guesswork out of watering
Water, water, water..
Jared and Jordan are growers themselves and, as water is a vital component of a grower's business, watering was on their mind throughout the entire day. "There was actually no perfect solution that would give us peace of mind. If we use an automated system that waters on time, we always had the risk of over or under watering some baskets and watering them manually is a very labor intensive and time consuming job", says Jared.
Control Dekk OASIS
In order to water the plants uniformly and to have more peace of mind, the Dekker brothers came up with an idea to water their baskets by using their weight as a starting point. Together with Len Logsdon they designed and patented and automated product, named the Control Dekk OASIS. It is a 5” x 7” x 18” module that weighs 8 pounds and is constructed of stainless steel and enhanced UV-stabilized polymer for durability. But how does it work? "First of all, it needs to be installed on new or existing greenhouse cable conveyors. Then, the grower sets the pre-determined weight desired for correct plant watering via local controller, office PC or mobile device. Afterwards, as each basket passes through the OASIS module, its weight is being determined. Finally, the smart controller opens the proper water valve for only the time necessary to achieve the grower’s target basket weight."
A smart controller and a local user interface allows the grower to control and monitor the basket line at the conveyor while a single, remote graphical interface is used to provide enhanced functionality for multiple lines from an office PC or wirelessly, using a smart phone or tablet. In this way, each basket is receiving exactly what it needs.
In this one-minute video, it is explained how the Control Dekk OASIS works.
Saves over 50 percent of water
According to Jared, this solution is a real game changer as it will not only give the grower peace of mind, it will also improve the crop and reduce the use of water.
"It saves over 50 percent of water and as a result reduces the waste of chemicals like regulators and pesticides."
Growers embracing it
The Control Dekk OASIS was launched last year and since the introduction, they received requests from growers all over the US and Canada. Now, one year later, the growers are pleased with the product and are coming back for more. "Many who already use the OASIS want to outfit their entire greenhouse with it, and mainly because the peace of mind they have been able to achieve."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-11-20 High-speed gapping line finds its way to Turkish propagator
- 2020-11-19 "Better root hairs and cleaner water with OxyBull aeration system”
- 2020-11-11 First international growers discover the powerhouse that is VDB Green Eater
- 2020-11-03 Labor cost increases continue, highlighting importance of automation
- 2020-10-27 Another Mayer machine for Van de Meer
- 2020-10-22 "Loss cut by half with this machine"
- 2020-10-12 Paperpot's future is bright
- 2020-10-01 Transplanter with wireless grippers speeds up production for Dutch grower
- 2020-09-30 "This machine gives me the possibility to do what I like most; focus on making the best plants"
- 2020-09-16 Different refrigeration solutions
- 2020-09-10 "Our best potting machine ever. True craftsmanship"
- 2020-09-02 Special towbar eases transport of Danish trolleys
- 2020-08-25 New and old wooden hydrangea stems neatly bunched with Quality Buncher 2.0
- 2020-07-24 The Roofmaster transforms into a real chalking machine
- 2020-07-15 UK: An in-depth guide to heat pumps
- 2020-07-13 New planting machine shows difficult lily bulb who's boss
- 2020-06-29 New line of plant growth chambers
- 2020-05-19 Meet Robin, RoboRobin
- 2020-05-08 New nanobubble generator Neo offers optimal oxygen monitoring and control
- 2020-04-28 "Now each plant takes up the water as they need it"