- Key Account Manager | German Speaking | Aldi Süd
- Teelt Planner - Beheerder containersysteem
- Operationeel Manager (MT-lid), USA
- Junior Product Manager - Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Cultivation Manager - New Castle (PA) USA
- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Junior Account Manager - Central Europe
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (WA): “The addition of tropical foliage is a major shift in our young plant division”
- New chrysanthemum series gains royal attention at Chelsea flower show
- "What if a smartphone app could show you your nitrogen level?"
- A smart indoor greenhouse for consumers
- "All of our presented varieties won prizes"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- What is going on with the current rose shortage?
- Colombia: Bad weather, scarcity of pesticides and fertilizers, lower production
- Breeding roses that are ready for climate change effects
- Canada: “We are now using our full 240,000 sq ft expansion of orchid production”
- US online flower sourcing: “Our sales were growing by 220% the other week”
Control Dekk OASIS for hanging baskets:
Ingenious system takes guesswork out of watering
Water, water, water..
Jared and Jordan are growers themselves and, as water is a vital component of a grower's business, watering was on their mind throughout the entire day. "There was actually no perfect solution that would give us peace of mind. If we use an automated system that waters on time, we always had the risk of over or under watering some baskets and watering them manually is a very labor intensive and time consuming job", says Jared.
Control Dekk OASIS
In order to water the plants uniformly and to have more peace of mind, the Dekker brothers came up with an idea to water their baskets by using their weight as a starting point. Together with Len Logsdon they designed and patented and automated product, named the Control Dekk OASIS. It is a 5” x 7” x 18” module that weighs 8 pounds and is constructed of stainless steel and enhanced UV-stabilized polymer for durability. But how does it work? "First of all, it needs to be installed on new or existing greenhouse cable conveyors. Then, the grower sets the pre-determined weight desired for correct plant watering via local controller, office PC or mobile device. Afterwards, as each basket passes through the OASIS module, its weight is being determined. Finally, the smart controller opens the proper water valve for only the time necessary to achieve the grower’s target basket weight."
A smart controller and a local user interface allows the grower to control and monitor the basket line at the conveyor while a single, remote graphical interface is used to provide enhanced functionality for multiple lines from an office PC or wirelessly, using a smart phone or tablet. In this way, each basket is receiving exactly what it needs.
In this one-minute video, it is explained how the Control Dekk OASIS works.
Saves over 50 percent of water
According to Jared, this solution is a real game changer as it will not only give the grower peace of mind, it will also improve the crop and reduce the use of water.
"It saves over 50 percent of water and as a result reduces the waste of chemicals like regulators and pesticides."
Growers embracing it
The Control Dekk OASIS was launched last year and since the introduction, they received requests from growers all over the US and Canada. Now, one year later, the growers are pleased with the product and are coming back for more. "Many who already use the OASIS want to outfit their entire greenhouse with it, and mainly because the peace of mind they have been able to achieve."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-09-24 Crossing platform for roof washer: not a fairy tale, but reality from The Netherlands
- 2021-09-24 Extra powerful gutter cleaner reaches end of 200+ metre cultivation gutter without any problems
- 2021-09-23 New player in seed technology develops technology for seed drying with less stress
- 2021-09-22 "This month we launched the low-cost, single-use, real-time temperature recorder B9Z"
- 2021-09-17 Machine brushes hands clean within seconds, drying them too
- 2021-09-10 "Providing your irrigation water with a major boost"
- 2021-09-09 China: Take a look at the automation at the Xianfeng family farm
- 2021-09-06 Carbon Robotics developed an agricultural robot capable of eliminating 100,000 weeds per hour with precision lasers
- 2021-07-23 "With this machine hardly any manual correction is needed anymore"
- 2021-07-22 “Climate sensors offer solutions to many growers’ struggles”
- 2021-07-16 "The system tells us straight away whether additional installations are needed"
- 2021-07-15 "The industry has confidence in these new cultivation methods"
- 2021-07-14 Using robots to optimize the distribution process
- 2021-07-12 Innovation in greenhouse horticulture
- 2021-06-30 New washing system concept first measures then cleans
- 2021-06-14 “New Bulb Planting Systems sold out in NL, already interest from other countries”
- 2021-06-04 Germany: "TTA MidiCurve tranplanting robot reduces two to three workers"
- 2021-06-03 How dehumidifiers improve greenhouse flower growing
- 2021-06-02 “The entire water supply system is still sparkling clean”
- 2021-05-28 Automation brings efficiency at Xianfeng family farm