- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- "Resilience as in going back to the past is not always better”
- “The ornamentals industry in the Philippines is flourishing"
- "Growers and traders know the old assortment but are only moderately aware of the new varieties"
- Sensors on flowers prove that nano-fertilizers help to save energy resources
Top 5 -last month
Denmark: Late-summer plant novelties presented at Handelspladsen
The new products exhibition at the horticultural trade fair offers lots of inspiration for the second round of the planting season, as well as new décor ideas.
Daucus carotta: Versatile ornamental carrot
The ‘Dara’ ornamental carrot produces the most amazing dark umbels. Each umbel presents a unique pattern in the finest filigree, and shimmers in beautiful harmonious shades of pink, burgundy and white. The graceful flower clusters sway with 60-90 cm tall stems, and change their pattern and colour as the flowers develop. Ornamental carrots are beautiful in groups, fine as single flowers scattered in herbaceous borders and the like, and absolutely perfect for cutting.
Trifolium repens: Clover with a twinkle in the eye
'Sweet Mike' is the name of a brand new Trifolium with a black centre and beautiful red markings out into the leaf. The name ‘Sweet Mike’ has been bestowed in the name of equal rights, because a good customer felt it was unfair that Trifolium varieties were only given girls’ names, and suggested his own name for the new variety. To his surprise, he was taken at his word and 'Sweet Mike' was named after him. The new variety will come on the market in spring 2016.
Sedum telephium: Ruby-red orpine for the late summer garden
Ruby-crowned is a new variety of sedum that is characterised by its natural compactness. It has a unique ruby flower colour, with relatively small, very dark leaves. The flowers emerge in small clusters, which gives the plant a long flowering period. Ruby-crowned can be used in the garden, on the patio, in crocks or indoors, and requires only moderate watering.
Rosa: New garden roses
New arrivals in the already extensive groups of roses include two new garden roses in the ‘Sweet Home’ series, namely the white garden rose in a mini version, ‘Sweet Day’, and the apricot-coloured ‘Sweet Family’, which like the rest of the series is characterised by high durability.
Schlumbergera: Wild cactus
New perennial autumn cactus with a brand-new look, markedly different joints and flowers, and symmetrical flowers. The form of Wild Cactus is sculptural and highly suitable for decoration.
Adenium arabicum: New light-loving desert rose
This desert rose likes plenty of light, and can develop fantastically beautiful flowers in the summer months if it gets enough. Flower induction can be promoted by allowing the potting soil to dry out in early spring. It is important that the potting soil is kept reasonably dry, as the roots may otherwise rot.
Mini Anthurium: Millions of small flowers and leaves
Mini Anthurium is the first variety in the world with many small flowers and small leaves that will fit in a 6 cm pot. This little Anthurium is highly durable, with a lifespan of approximately three months. During the period, new small flowers keep on appearing. With its special flowers and leaves, mini-Anthurium also has great aesthetic value.
Kalanchoe: New series of celebrity plants
The series is distinguished by new and interesting flowers that are unusual in both form and colour. The series will vary in the course of the year and follow the trend and season. Everything from two-tone flowers to entirely new forms will be included in the range. Their genetics are unique and not available anywhere else. The three new varieties are named after celebrities such as Kim Basinger, Bo Derek and Charlie Brookes.
Kalanchoe collection with edge
New exciting series, consisting of various Kalanchoe varieties. They are succulents, and so possess the long durability for which the Kalanchoe pot plant is famous. Their need for watering is minimal, and the plants are therefore extremely suitable for planting in groups, ideally with similar pot plants. An exciting alternative to the colourful flowering Kalanchoe varieties.
Silence: Sit back and unwind with plants
Silence is the name of another new collection of plant styles for the autumn and winter of 2015-2016. The collection consists of long-lasting green plants, in ceramic and concrete pots of various sizes and shapes. The inspiration for the series has been drawn from the predictions of the trend agencies for the coming season and from Nordic interiors in general, which together provide the products in the collection with a stylish, calm and modern expression – hence the name Silence.
Visit Handelspladen in Odense
In addition to the novelties described, the following plants from Handelspladsen in June will also be exhibited: Aster 'Nicole', Gentiana Rocky Diamond, Infinity rose 'Evergreen', Masdevallia hybrid Bellavallia, fragrant rose RosAroma and Easy Care-Wall Pot, Salad in pots. All of the novelties can be seen at the Handelspladsen horticultural trade fair on 12 and 13 August at Holkebjergvej 74 in Odense (exit 52). The fair is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on the first day and from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on the second day. The press is welcome.
For more information
T: +45 65926266
F: +45 65926263
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-09-07 Ball Ornamentals celebrates award for hydrangea macrophylla 'Wedding Gown'
- 2015-08-31 Europe: Room for innovation in hellebore market
- 2015-08-28 Netherlands: Three symposia during trade fair ‘Seed meets Technology’
- 2015-08-27 US: Garden writer about the 'Invincibelle Spirit II' of Proven Winners
- 2015-08-26 Netherlands: Deliflor introduces new spray chrysanthemum Elstar
- 2015-08-25 Canada: 200 varieties on display at Vineland
- 2015-08-24 UK: Rose trials are blooming marvellous
- 2015-08-21 Schoneveld Breeding present facility in corporate video
- 2015-08-20 "SUCCESS!®: "Less sensitive to long days and flowers entire week earlier"
- 2015-08-19 3,000 varieties displayed at the Gardens at Ball
- 2015-08-18 Benary launches a new Viola cornuta F1 series
- 2015-08-17 Ball to acquire Conard-Pyle
- 2015-08-14 US: Hybrid flowering dogwoods named by Rutgers scientists
- 2015-08-13 Denmark: Late-summer plant novelties presented at Handelspladsen
- 2015-08-12 Netherlands: Deliflor introduces Delacroix
- 2015-08-11 US (KS): Extension center tests new flower varieties
- 2015-08-10 Special Breeding at FloralDaily