- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Netafim opens irrigation production plant in China
Located in Yinchuan, capital of the northwest Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region (Ningxia), the facility will leverage Netafim’s latest patented technology to produce drip lines along with full irrigation solutions. Underscoring Netafim’s greater commitment to China, the new plant will serve the country’s fast-growing water-saving irrigation industry; more and more farmers are investing in high-quality systems that enhance crop yield and quality, while reducing water, fertilizer and labor costs.
The ISO-certified Ningxia plant includes a training center for irrigation design and agronomy, as well as a quality laboratory to ensure that its products meet the highest international standards.
With low annual rainfall of 200mm on the one hand, and easy access to the Yellow River on the other, Ningxia is a key target for government investments in water-saving technologies. Reflecting this policy, Ningxia officials visited Netafim in 2014 to discuss its agricultural vision for the region. Based on these discussions and subsequent studies of the region, Netafim built the manufacturing plant in Ningxia, which will serve as the company’s initial base for investments in the region and in North West China.
“The opening of this top-of-the-line facility is testimony to Netafim’s commitment to investing in China, one of our strategically important markets with significant growth potential,” said Netafim CEO Ran Maidan. “We greatly appreciate the support given by the Ningxia government, and hope to contribute to its efforts in carrying out its ambitious agricultural development plans.”
“Our new plant provides a solid foundation for Netafim’s current and future activities in China,” said Netafim Head of APAC Division and China Chairman Stephan Titze. “Now we can supply high-quality, industry-standard full irrigation solutions that deliver significant water savings to farmers and governmental customers throughout Ningxia and North West China.”
“The launching of Netafim’s plant provides us with superior technological support in dry farming, water-saving irrigation and related equipment,” said Li Jianhua, Ningxia Party Secretary, at an official government meeting with Ambassador Vilnai. “We hope to enhance our cooperation with Netafim by importing new technology, offering education and training, and strengthening our skills as we continue to expand in this field.”
“Israel and Ningxia have created a solid foundation for scientific and technical cooperation in agriculture,” Ambassador Vilnai said. “Netafim’s new plant is yet another milestone in this partnership. We look forward to continue supporting one another, and focusing on projects that will bring Israeli irrigation technology to other areas throughout China.”
For more information:
Derech Hashalom 10
Tel Aviv, Israel 67892
Tel: 972 - 8 - 6474747
Fax: 972 - 8 - 6473983
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-05-31 Understanding water quality: The key to beautiful flowers
- 2018-05-30 "It is algae time again!"
- 2018-05-29 US (CA): Brought to you by water
- 2018-05-28 UK: Measuring and improving the performance of overhead irrigation
- 2018-05-25 Every essential nutrient buffered to the exact pH
- 2018-05-24 US: Determining effective methods of irrigation as water becomes scarce
- 2018-05-23 "Rising cost of both water and electricity influences quality and quantity of crops"
- 2018-05-22 Innovative watering system: taking weight as starting point
- 2018-05-21 Pilot project: Optimizing RO processes
- 2018-05-18 Dealing with salty irrigation water
- 2018-05-17 Tank supplier catches the eye of the wastewater industry
- 2018-05-16 Paclobutrazol removal from irrigation water using granular activated carbon
- 2018-05-15 Irrigation water quality and soil structural stability
- 2018-05-14 The art and science of watering greenhouse crops
- 2018-05-11 'Striving together for a better environment and less taxation on the environment'
- 2018-05-10 Podcast about water challenges
- 2018-05-09 "You Can Cut Time…Instead of Flowers”"
- 2018-05-08 Video: Combining water reuse and aquifer storage and recovery
- 2018-05-07 What in your irrigation water most affects media pH?
- 2018-05-04 "Water purification without large investment on your own installation"