- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Jairo Cadavid in charge
Colviveros: New Ornamental Trade Association in Colombia
What is Colviveros?
Colviveros is an association made up of individuals and corporations from different regions of Colombia dedicated to nurseries and the cultivation, production, logistics, domestic marketing and export of ornamental foliage and potted plants, and was created to represent the sector during participation in public policy, domestic plans and projects in the pursuit of sustainability, competitiveness and promotion.
What will be the added value?
Colviveros was founded by a group of nursery owners, and small ornamental-foliage, potted-plant and exotic flower growers, who saw associative interaction as an opportunity to drive small ornamental-foliage and potted-plant production and meet the domestic demand, including larger Colombian exporters of flowers and bouquets. It was also viewed as an in-road to carving their own path toward stimulating both domestic nurseries and the export of new ornamental foliage, potted plants and exotic flowers overseas. Colviveros will also stimulate the positive effect plant and flowers have on people and their settings. Nursery and small ornamental-foliage and plants production can also generate added value for both urban and rural settings by enhancing any population’s environment and real-estate value through greenery and potted plants.
What about the peace process in Colombia?
The Referendum to back the peace agreement reached by the Colombian government and FARC does not receive the support from the Colombian people. We need to look for different approaches to build a more equal society.
The nursery and ornamental-foliage sector is an alternative source of income at the Colombian countryside. Colviveros believes in its potential to generate wealth through honest committed work by particularly supporting nurseries and small ornamental-foliage and potted-plant growers. This belief allows it to reach the out-flung corners of Colombia - even conflict zones. Colviveros has set itself up to serve as a strategic ally to end Colombia's internal conflict, and ornamental foliage, potted plants and flowers can be produced in any territory in Colombia.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 "No more toil and trouble for Flower Power"
- 2023-01-26 ProCC has become an established name and is now looking beyond
- 2023-01-26 US (FL): ForemostCo announces key personnel changes
- 2023-01-26 UK: Hutton awarded £1m from the Wolfson Foundation to support Phenotyping Centre
- 2023-01-26 Horticoop Technical Services grows: 'Securing knowledge and reliability is one of our goals'
- 2023-01-26 Calendar of events and conventions launched
- 2023-01-26 Kickstart your physical and mental fitness in 2023 with Perennial’s Health and Wellbeing platform and app
- 2023-01-26 UK: HTA welcomes new Chief Executive
- 2023-01-26 "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 "Royal FloraHolland exposed employees to asbestos for years"
- 2023-01-25 Waitrose launch two wrap-free bouquets for Valentine’s Day
- 2023-01-25 CBH Group’s Growing Leaders Scholarships alumni ranks gain two more
- 2023-01-25 UK: Squire’s slants a tree for Queen Elizabeth II
- 2023-01-25 US (CT): Agriculture representative Ben Soistman added to BioSafe Systems team