- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Elektra Awards 2016
UK: Plessey wins LED Lighting Product of the Year
Plessey has over sixty installations in research centres and universities in the UK and overseas demonstrate the benefits of using Plessey’s LED grow lights. This is now being recognised in the market and is gaining momentum. Plessey’s Attis-7 grow light features energy saving and plant response, no cooling fan, high efficiency, patented heat dissipation design and a built in power supply.
Jonathan Barton, Plessey’s Director for Grow Lights, said: “We are absolutely delighted to have won the award for the category 'LED Lighting Product of the Year' in the prestigious Elektra Awards ceremony last night. LEDs have largely proven their effectiveness as grow lights and their ability to save energy versus existing sodium grow light technology. The big challenge for adoption in today’s market is to make horticultural LED grow lighting a commercially viable proposition for growers. Our next generation lighting product to be released at the IPM Essen show in January continues to build on the success of this our first product.”
Plessey recently announced that it will be exhibiting its new horticultural LED grow lights at the IPM Essen event from 24-27 January 2017 at stand 7B25 at the Messe Essen exhibition centre in Essen, Germany.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-02 California rains highlight inability to capture enough rainwater
- 2023-02-02 A more natural form of artificial lighting with Perfand LED’s pulse technology system
- 2023-02-02 Air-assisted spraying technology for improved horticultural pest control
- 2023-02-02 "The way forward for UK garden centers is British grown, peat-free houseplants"
- 2023-02-02 Lazzeri won three awards for the best poinsettias
- 2023-02-01 Berkvens Greenhouse Mobility and Buitendijk Slaman are joining forces
- 2023-02-01 Svensson & Agculture enter global partnership
- 2023-02-01 TrayC now available in Italy
- 2023-02-01 Fine Americas adds Northeast sales manager
- 2023-02-01 Denkers Air B.V. takes to the sky
- 2023-01-31 National Wildlife Federation launches Garden for Wildlife, Inc.
- 2023-01-31 Johnny's Selected Seeds celebrates 50th anniversary
- 2023-01-31 Paper packaging solution now also available as banderole
- 2023-01-30 UK: Squire’s recognizes high standards in garden centres
- 2023-01-30 New bio-based shading agent delivered in powder form
- 2023-01-30 US (GA): Tecogen to launch smart hybrid-drive air-cooled chiller at AHR 2023
- 2023-01-27 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors
- 2023-01-27 Stolze moves to new shiny headquarter
- 2023-01-27 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-27 "Peak 2023: better and predictable end times"