All parts needed for the greenhouse at the 22nd floor of the Amstelside hotel in Amsterdam have been hoisted up earlier this year. Havecon & Partners are building a sustainable greenhouse on top of the luxurious Hotel Amstelkwartier. The use of modern technology and materials, paired with a smart design, enables a circular cultivation system: water, waste and food scraps from the hotel restaurant are recycled. At the moment all installations are being tested. A perfect time to take a look at a greenhouse at a height of 77 meter. In this video some aspects of this modern greenhouse are highlighted.
For more information:
2665 JE Bleiswijk
2665 ZG Bleiswijk
Tel. +31(0)10 266 32 70
Fax +31(0)10 266 32 71
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
- Tagawa Greenhouse rooting cuttings better and faster
- "High demand for our orchids and we see a shift from flowers to flowering plants"
- NL: Sustainable hydrangea greenhouse opens its doors
- “Portugal is a small country, but it's the 8th top producer of ornamentals in Europe"
- New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- “In over 35 years of operations, we’ve seen a lot change in the foliage market”
- Denmark: "Growers see this crisis as an opportunity to improve and be more innovative"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-07-21 Five advantages of energy curtains
- 2017-07-20 The benefits of a naturally ventilated greenhouse
- 2017-07-19 From refugee to greenhouse architect
- 2017-07-18 How to choose a glazing material for a year round greenhouse
- 2017-07-17 UK: Six-year-old twins design vertical farm
- 2017-07-14 NL: New garden centre to be an attractive ‘work of art’
- 2017-07-13 US: Green Valley Floral expands its business on two fronts
- 2017-07-12 US (CA): Carpinteria lily grower continues to expand
- 2017-07-11 Russia: Rose greenhouse planned in Nizhny Novgorod region
- 2017-07-10 Video: Amsterdam rooftop greenhouse takes shape
- 2017-07-07 NL: Montana Lisianthus doubles company with new greenhouse
- 2017-07-06 Dutch gerbera grower buys, demolishes and builds again
- 2017-07-05 UK: Smiemans starts construction on garden center restaurant
- 2017-07-04 NL: Van den Berg RoseS expands with 5 ha
- 2017-07-03 Even more greenhouse construction this month!
- 2016-07-22 Australia: After major setback, Maria's Farm hopes for completion with help of new investors
- 2016-07-21 NL: Tulip grower Mopabloem expanding again
- 2016-07-20 US (MO): Greenhouse construction workshop at Missouri State
- 2016-07-19 "A greenhouse is not simply a greenhouse"
- 2016-07-18 Can Horticulture become a CO2 neutral industry?