When Broughton C of E primary in Preston tasked class Y1 with a school project looking at ‘The Farm Shop’, 6-year old twins, Heidi and Marissa, knew exactly what they wanted to do. They were going to create their very own ‘Intelligent Farm’, having been inspired by the demonstrator video on the IGS website.
Not only did the girls create a brilliant model with clearly represented growing produce, but they also included Lego robots and other devices to demonstrate how their intelligent farm would work.
The video and pictures sent to Intelligent Growth Systems by their mum, Sarah show that the pair have a really excellent understanding of how the farm could work and the key components needed.
Dave Scott, technical director of Intelligent Growth Solutions said, “We were delighted to receive the video and pictures showing what Heidi and Marissa had produced for their school project. We loved their interpretation of an intelligent farm and it is great to see the school loved it too! They show an amazing level of knowledge on how it all works. Fast forward 15 years and they would be very welcome to come and work with us, well done girls!”
For more information:
Intelligent Growth Solutions
c/o The James Hutton Institute
T: 0131 202 1050
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-07-21 Five advantages of energy curtains
- 2017-07-20 The benefits of a naturally ventilated greenhouse
- 2017-07-19 From refugee to greenhouse architect
- 2017-07-18 How to choose a glazing material for a year round greenhouse
- 2017-07-17 UK: Six-year-old twins design vertical farm
- 2017-07-14 NL: New garden centre to be an attractive ‘work of art’
- 2017-07-13 US: Green Valley Floral expands its business on two fronts
- 2017-07-12 US (CA): Carpinteria lily grower continues to expand
- 2017-07-11 Russia: Rose greenhouse planned in Nizhny Novgorod region
- 2017-07-10 Video: Amsterdam rooftop greenhouse takes shape
- 2017-07-07 NL: Montana Lisianthus doubles company with new greenhouse
- 2017-07-06 Dutch gerbera grower buys, demolishes and builds again
- 2017-07-05 UK: Smiemans starts construction on garden center restaurant
- 2017-07-04 NL: Van den Berg RoseS expands with 5 ha
- 2017-07-03 Even more greenhouse construction this month!
- 2016-07-22 Australia: After major setback, Maria's Farm hopes for completion with help of new investors
- 2016-07-21 NL: Tulip grower Mopabloem expanding again
- 2016-07-20 US (MO): Greenhouse construction workshop at Missouri State
- 2016-07-19 "A greenhouse is not simply a greenhouse"
- 2016-07-18 Can Horticulture become a CO2 neutral industry?