- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Pink hydrangea named after and christened by Dolly Buster
- Biological fungicide protects against soil-borne diseases such as Pythium
- Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Terra Nova contracts with Dümmen Orange to produce URCs
Savannah International, located in the Republic of Kenya, Africa, which is the former North America supplier of Terra Nova Nurseries’ URCs, will continue to hold a license to sell the URCs outside North America. The change was precipitated by logistical challenges caused during ongoing construction at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, Kenya.
As airline connections from Kenya to the Unites States were altered, extended time to transport the cuttings from the Savannah International, facility to the United States diminished the quality of the product. This led Terra Nova Nurseries to seek new and diverse supply systems to ensure the delivery of high-quality, on-time cuttings to its global licensee and customer base.
Dümmen Orange has been a long-time Terra Nova Nurseries licensee and has gained much experience growing the stock and selling the cuttings into the global market. This made the new contract production agreement between Dümmen Orange and Terra Nova Nurseries a palpable and advantageous choice for both companies.
“Extending our URC program partnership with Dümmen Orange is particularly beneficial due to the organization’s stability, business-to-business computer integration, history of consistent order fulfillment, and diverse delivery systems,” said Ken Brown, general manager and co-owner of Terra Nova Nurseries. “Simultaneously, Savannah International, Ltd. will continue to supply quality URCs of our stock beyond North America.”
The URCs are available through Terra Nova Nurseries, the North American broker networks, and Dümmen Orange’s global sales network.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022