- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Ecuador: Protests end after agreement, long-term consequences for economy
- Improvement of water quality is stagnating, what's the problem?
- Dümmen Orange shows full support for Flower Inspiration Days in Malaysia
- Colombian floriculture was awarded 2 gold medals at the AIPH 2022 International Grower of the Year Awards
- This New Zealand family has been breeding great roses since 1947
Top 5 -last week
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
Top 5 -last month
Funding will boost Canadian flower exports
Click here to view the announcement, that was posted on the Facebook page of Newstalk 610 CKTB
On behalf of Agriculture and Agri-Food Minister, Lawrence MacAulay, Chris Bittle made the funding announcement. Bittle began his speech by pointing out the efforts that go into Canada's Flowers exported to international markets like the United States and that the cooperation of Government and Flowers Canada Growers to help growers to expand in this market. Then he announced the federal investment of $393,070 to Flowers Canada Growers. "Over 178,000 of the funding will support training to help greenhouse growers like Colonial get up to speed on new requirements. The United States is by far our largest customer for flowers. This investment will give your valued customers the assurances they need that Canadian flowers will continue to meet their needs for quality, safety, innovation and timely delivery,” Bittle said.
“The second part of this investment will help Flowers Canada Growers build markets in the United States, through investment worth $214,000. This investment will support key outreach activities including intending meetings and trade shows, hosting international sales missions, publishing an annual directories and buyers guides, and building a social media marketing campaign."
Colonial Florists to expand sales into the US
Bittle made this announced at Colonial Florists in St. Catharines, Ontario. Colonial Florists co-owner Ron van der Zalm told the St. Catharines Standard that his greenhouse business exports about one-third of the flowers it grows to U.S. customers. With this federal funding they hope to expand their sales into this market. Click here to read the entire article on St. Catharines Standard's website.
Importance of Floriculture in Canada
Floriculture is an important part of the Canadian horticultural industry, with more than 1900 growers producing 28 per cent of the Canadian horticultural production. In 2016, ornamental product sales (including greenhouse flowers and plants, nursery products, and sod products) totaled $2.3 billion. That includes $1.5 billion from greenhouse flower and plant sales (and resales).
Sources: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Newstalk 610 CKTB's Facebook page, St. Catharines Standard
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-04 Looking back at Expo Flor Ecuador 2018 and forward to the 2022 edition
- 2022-07-04 The Foliascreen – "A brand new green wall partition and privacy screen"
- 2022-07-04 US: Expanding uses of edible flowers help fuel strong demand
- 2022-07-04 Brandt completes takeover of Wickham Flower
- 2022-07-04 Jan Doldersum celebrates 25 years at Rijk Zwaan
- 2022-07-04 Modiform 2022-2023 catalog: presentation and products
- 2022-07-04 Dümmen Orange shows full support for Flower Inspiration Days in Malaysia
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break