Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
3.75 acre greenhouse for sale or lease in Taylorville
US: Looking for a greenhouse opportunity in Illinois?
Rock Solid Aerial – Looking South
One of largest greenhouses in Illinois
The greenhouse is said to be one of the largest in Illinois. It consists of 18 bays (10 Venlo glass and 8 poly) and encompasses 3.75 acres (163K sq. ft.). The greenhouse is heated by low cost waste heat from adjacent Waste Management Corp. facility and equipped with several techniques like; Argus irrigation and fertilizing system, lightning in two bays, conveyor belt from bays to head house and thermostat controlled venting on sides and ceiling. Next to the greenhouse, there also is a 20,000 sq. ft head house/packing/chiller room on the land, a diesel backup generator and two loading docks.
Close to major markets
The plots is centrally located in Illinois and has access to some major markets. Springfield, for example is a 40 minute drive, Chicago a 4 hour drive and St. Louis a 1.2 hour.
The greenhouse is ready for immediately occupancy and can be operational quickly as the greenhouse is up to date and has a complete infrastructure.
Click here (PDF) for the sale presentation in which more details and the advantages of this plot, greenhouse and facilities are presented.
For more information
T: +1 615-439-5828
Author: Elita Vellekoop
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- 2023-05-31 Women transform their horizons in rural Morocco
- 2023-05-30 Europe: "Demand and potential is there"
- 2023-05-29 Collier’s Greenhouse executive named finalist in National horticulture competition
- 2023-05-29 US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- 2023-05-26 Ecuador: Rosaprima shares their 2022-2023 Sustainability Report
- 2023-05-26 Tunisian journalist switches to growing edible flowers
- 2023-05-25 Bransford Webbs continually improves water efficiency
- 2023-05-24 UK: St Briavels grower Jo Thompson proves cut above with flowers role in Coronation
- 2023-05-24 Team from Low Fulney’s Opperman Plants head to Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-22 French nursery specialises in plants that taste of cheese or oysters
- 2023-05-22 Isle of Man: Growing beautiful and sustainable cut flowers
- 2023-05-19 Linda Price from Wyveale Nurseries wins competition to name new phormium
- 2023-05-19 US (LA): Curiosity blooms into a flower farm with best bud
- 2023-05-19 Make-upz assortment newest addition to Deroose USA portfolio
- 2023-05-18 NL: Stolk Brothers grow anthuriums peat free
- 2023-05-18 NL: Organic Rose Nursery the Bierkreek decorates The Peace Palace
- 2023-05-18 Rosaprima launches four new rose varieties
- 2023-05-17 US (CA): Urban grower helps supply florists and markets
- 2023-05-17 "A step towards a greener future"