- Junior Sales Manager
- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Flexible seed scanner goes to market in series: Make your own judgement on seed quality
- "The newest VYPR LED technology delivers a new level of flexibility and control"
- Solution for connecting heating pipes without welding
- AIPH webinar to focus on integrating plants into urban projects
- Source.ag receives investment, bringing total Series A to $27m
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- Kenyan growers continue diversifying their assortment
Ball opens 18-hectare production facility in Australia
On Dec. 1st 2017, the purpose designed greenhouse, production facility and offices at the new Skye site, was opened by Anna Ball, CEO of Ball Horticultural Co. Chicago USA.
To mark the occasion, Anna planted a ceremonial Ginko Biloba tree reflecting ‘Longevity’ for several key reasons; as a business commitment to the Australian Horticultural industry and to the staff at Ball Australia who have supported the business over many years.
Other guests in attendance were Jan Patranella; Senior Director at Ball Chicago and Rick Mast; Sales Manager at Ball Floraplant.
The new production nursery boasts 32,000m2 of growing capacity on 18 hectares of land and is a Van der Hoeven structure.
The nursery and offices were built by Builtwise, designed by John Trakios Architects with Powerplants Australia as project managers.
The double skin plastic roofing, hot water heating pipes, smart phone or local control boom watering, 3 germination chambers and 2 megalitres of water storage collected from the roofs, gives Ball Australia the capacity to produce 90 million plus plugs per annum. Plus the Priva climate control system that manages shade, heating, venting and fertigation, puts in place the right tools of the trade for Ball Australia to supply the Australian market quality flower and vegetable young plants.
The visit for Anna Ball and other international industry guests is timely as Ball Australia is hosting its ‘Grower Trials’ which are held each year for wholesale plant growers in the industry.
Ball Australia showcases a vast range of new, experimental and existing lines and this year’s event gives the business a chance to present ‘new beginnings’ with the greenhouse facility and the purpose designed landscape garden area for customers to wander through and review the plants available.
For more information:
+61 3 9798 5355
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-09 Source.ag receives investment, bringing total Series A to $27m
- 2023-06-09 In memoriam Henk Brinkman
- 2023-06-09 Rosaprima to launch "The Home of RP Moab" campaign
- 2023-06-09 Four new Stars in Syngenta Flowers Stars Collection
- 2023-06-09 Kirsty Spink appointed as Managing Director of Grampian Growers
- 2023-06-09 NL: Merging of Aalsmeer and Naaldwijk rose auctions
- 2023-06-08 AgriForce forms joint venture with Swiss firm to help with in-progress acquisitions
- 2023-06-08 Italy: Alessandro Michelucci is the new president of Italian Nursery-people association
- 2023-06-08 Interflora celebrates 100th anniversary
- 2023-06-08 CAN: CosMic Plants orchid grower receives MPS-ABC certificate
- 2023-06-08 US: SAF adds breeder category to outstanding varieties competition
- 2023-06-07 “We make both high light transmission and insulation available”
- 2023-06-07 NL: Hem Genetics celebrates 25th anniversary
- 2023-06-07 Ramón Melón joins IUNU as Head Grower
- 2023-06-07 Buyers sought for UK hydroponic salad grower
- 2023-06-06 Tal Netzer appointed as CEO of DryGair
- 2023-06-06 Floranow acquires flower wholesaler Bloomax
- 2023-06-06 UK firm acquires full stake in Bigot Flower Kenya
- 2023-06-05 "Sustainability is also about extending the life of greenhouses"
- 2023-06-05 Swiss biological agricultural product manufacturer sets up office in Kenya