- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Ball opens 18-hectare production facility in Australia
On Dec. 1st 2017, the purpose designed greenhouse, production facility and offices at the new Skye site, was opened by Anna Ball, CEO of Ball Horticultural Co. Chicago USA.
To mark the occasion, Anna planted a ceremonial Ginko Biloba tree reflecting ‘Longevity’ for several key reasons; as a business commitment to the Australian Horticultural industry and to the staff at Ball Australia who have supported the business over many years.
Other guests in attendance were Jan Patranella; Senior Director at Ball Chicago and Rick Mast; Sales Manager at Ball Floraplant.
The new production nursery boasts 32,000m2 of growing capacity on 18 hectares of land and is a Van der Hoeven structure.
The nursery and offices were built by Builtwise, designed by John Trakios Architects with Powerplants Australia as project managers.
The double skin plastic roofing, hot water heating pipes, smart phone or local control boom watering, 3 germination chambers and 2 megalitres of water storage collected from the roofs, gives Ball Australia the capacity to produce 90 million plus plugs per annum. Plus the Priva climate control system that manages shade, heating, venting and fertigation, puts in place the right tools of the trade for Ball Australia to supply the Australian market quality flower and vegetable young plants.
The visit for Anna Ball and other international industry guests is timely as Ball Australia is hosting its ‘Grower Trials’ which are held each year for wholesale plant growers in the industry.
Ball Australia showcases a vast range of new, experimental and existing lines and this year’s event gives the business a chance to present ‘new beginnings’ with the greenhouse facility and the purpose designed landscape garden area for customers to wander through and review the plants available.
For more information:
+61 3 9798 5355
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022