- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- US (WA): After 48 years of brightening area gardens, Roozen’s Nursery has closed
- "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- Flower distributor plans to build facility in Port St. Lucie and create 210 jobs
- US (OH): Ready for Cultivate'22?
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Afriflora to be purchased by investment company
Afriflora is the leading supplier of quality roses at fair trade standards to Europe. Established in 2005 by the Barnhoorn family, Afriflora has over 11,000 employees. The Company is headquartered in Aalsmeer, Holland and operates three farms in Ethiopia covering 500 hectares. It cultivates, produces and sells over 1.1 billion stem roses annually with the majority of these to the European market.
The Barnhoorn family, who are the founders and significant shareholders of the Company, are to remain as shareholders and directors in the Afriflora group. With the support of Sun European Partners, they will continue to run the business with a focus on customer service and implementing best environmental and social practices, and with a sense of responsibility for local communities in Ethiopia.
Peter Barnhoorn, CEO of Afriflora said; “Our new shareholder will help Afriflora to achieve its growth aims and expedite its continued development. Our company has for many years been committed to investing in the local marketplace and building a future not only for the business but also for the workforce who have supported us through our growth and development, and this will not change. We would like to thank KKR for the support they have provided us to date and look forward to an exciting future working alongside Sun European Partners to take this company to the next level.”
Paul Daccus, Managing Director at Sun European Partners, said; “Afriflora is a world leader in an attractive sector that we know very well. We look forward to working with the Barnhoorn family and the management team over the coming years, to support the continued development and success of the business.”
Nicolas Gheysens, Managing Director at KKR, said; “We have been pleased with our partnership with Afriflora and the Barnhoorn family. Over the past years Afriflora has further strengthened its leadership position in its key markets but we are also proud to have contributed – together with the Barnhoorn family – to the development of the region. We wish Afriflora, Sun and the Barnhoorn family continued success.”
Sun European Partners has significant experience making acquisitions in the horticulture sector. Its affiliated portfolio companies include Flamingo Horticulture, a vertically integrated horticulture business.
Sun European Partners was advised by Rabobank, Kirkland & Ellis, Houlihan Lokey, and Ernst & Young. The Barnhoorn family and KKR were advised by William Blair, Clifford Chance, Van Benthem & Keulen, Deloitte, and Londen & Van Holland.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022
- 2022-06-28 The result of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge
- 2022-06-28 4-H raffle grand prize greenhouse built by A. E. Peacock students
- 2022-06-28 Horticoop welcomes new co-workers from Codema irrigatie & elektrotechniek
- 2022-06-27 Greenhouse structure is erected in Nepal
- 2022-06-27 Strong support for Dr. Graham Stirling’s nematode masterclass
- 2022-06-27 "At Linde, we have set the bar very high in terms of ergonomics, safety, efficiency and productivity"