- Head Grower - Hudson (OH) USA
- Product Developer - Italy
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
- Product Manager Premium Beans - Rotterdam, NL
- Crop Consultant - Canada
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Spain: Plantal ramps up high-tech Mandevilla Bella cuttings production
Lars van Steekelenburg at the Royal FloraHolland Seasonal Trade Fair 2018 in Naaldwijk earlier this month.
In a new high-tech greenhouse cuttings will be produced. “In that process we need high humidity, which improves the rooting.” The greenhouse can be heated by warm water. A double screen regulates the light and temperature. An automatic watering system affords the plants purified water. Ozone technology is being installed as well.
The greenhouse and the installations are built by a Spanish company, the cultivation table system was supplied by Dutch company HT Verboom. “We have chosen our suppliers not only by the prices they offer but also based on experience, references and trust.”
Perfect Mediterranean plant
For breeding, the Spanish climate is excellent. When annual plants are fully grown, they can stand perfectly in the Northern European countries like Germany and the Netherlands.
“It is the perfect Mediterranean plant for Northern Europe. During the spring and summer they constantly sprout new flowers. A Danish customer told me that his Mandevilla Bella flourished from April till the first night frost in November. When placed inside in a conservatory or greenhouse they bloom even longer. As long as the temperature stays above 15 degrees Celsius and the plant gets enough sunlight, the customer can enjoy it for a long time.”
Plantal Producciones started in 2001. Besides different varieties of Mandevilla (Dipladenia) they also grow Adenium and Passiflora.
“With the new greenhouse we have enough space to meet demand. It is not our goal to expand and get big, we think it is most important that we can provide excellent material to our customers. In the future we will be experimenting with new varieties from Kientzler Young Plants so that we can offer them a wider range of plants.”
For more information:
Plantal Producciones S.L.
Lars van Steekelenburg
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-16 Gerberas in a spectrum of colors
- 2019-07-16 Keeping the semi-closed glasshouse cool
- 2019-07-15 "Less growth regulation required with LEDs"
- 2019-07-15 Stop taking selfies in lavender fields, French farmers plead
- 2019-07-15 A young company with old roots
- 2019-07-12 Orange: The new trend in flowers
- 2019-07-12 DE: Rare flowering artichokes available at Pinsdorf Flowers
- 2019-07-12 "Fast rooting and more compact plants with LEDs"
- 2019-07-11 Realizing the specific conditions for uncommon cactus varieties
- 2019-07-11 US (AK): The magic of the peony field
- 2019-07-10 US (MO): Couple's farm specializes in 'forgotten' flowers
- 2019-07-10 Italy: Hibiscus sales hold up in challenging season
- 2019-07-10 US (MO): Greenhouse owners named 'farm family of year'
- 2019-07-09 US (CA): Sunflower growers not happy with selfie takers
- 2019-07-09 UK: Large-scale fire at Oakridge Nursery in Sawbridgeworth
- 2019-07-08 Danish rose grower blazes a new trail
- 2019-07-08 Kenyan year-round hydrangeas prove to be a worldwide hit
- 2019-07-05 UK bedding plant grower acquired by Canadian MMJ grower
- 2019-07-05 Going Dutch on tea
- 2019-07-05 UK: Fields of confetti delphiniums burst into color