Proven Winners is entering the pottery market by adding the full line of Michael Carr Designs Pottery, including the new AquaPots line of luxury grade, self-watering containers, to its brand family. Under this new partnership, which is effective immediately, all Michael Carr Designs Pottery will be branded as Michael Carr Designs by Proven Winners. All AquaPots will be branded as AquaPots by Proven Winners. Labeling on the pottery will reflect this new branding. Proven Winners will work with BFG Supply Co., the exclusive distributor of Michael Carr Designs Pottery, and Michael Carr Designs to manage consumer marketing efforts for the line.
Premium quality pottery is a natural extension of the Proven Winners brand. Michael Carr Designs is the leading line of exclusive, high-end garden pottery. It is sold at local independent garden centers across the United States and Canada. In trendsetting colors, soft raining finishes and a variety of unique styles, Michael Carr Designs Pottery is a favorite among home gardeners. The collection is handmade by the company’s craftsmen using time tested techniques and an old-world kiln that gives each piece its own special character.
AquaPots is an exceptional new concept in self-watering containers created by Jack Barnwell, an award-winning landscape architect from Mackinac Island, Michigan. He also co-owns C3 Gardens, a landscape design firm in southern Florida which services large residential and hotel properties. Barnwell is an avid user of Michael Carr Designs Pottery who saw the need for gorgeous, commercial grade, self-watering containers for the variety of properties he services across the country. He worked with Michael Carr to develop this stylish yet practical solution for his clients.
“Given Jack’s reputation as a nationally renowned landscape designer and Proven Winners’ worldwide reputation for quality and innovation, this partnership is the right fit,” said Carr.
Aquapots in use
There are hundreds of unique designs in multiple sizes and over a hundred color and finish options in the full Michael Carr Designs Pottery line. Smaller AquaPots sized for consumer use are included in the Home Series while larger AquaPots suitable for commercial use are sold under the Professional Series. Both series feature a variety of styles, sizes and colors which are updated annually. Customers who order full container loads direct from Vietnam will have a wider range of color options and can combine AquaPots with their standard pottery order to take advantage of discounts.
Carr expressed his excitement in joining the Proven Winners brand. “Our companies have a lot in common – we both have a commitment to quality and to making gardeners more successful. I believe the progress Proven Winners has made in marketing and educating consumers on what makes their products exceptional is the key to our partnership. We have no doubt they will make more people aware of why Michael Carr Designs is so special in our industry.”
Supertunias by ocean in blue pots
AquaPots by Proven Winners are an exceptional new concept in self-watering containers. Key benefits include:
- The convenience of a self-watering pot with the beauty of high-quality glazed ceramics.
- No risk of overwatering. An overflow valve ensures plants cannot be overwatered.
- No unsightly plastic drip tubing. A cleaner look that can be enjoyed anywhere instead of needing to stay where plumbing is located.
- Elimination of fertilizer leaching and runoff.
- No more water ring stains on the deck or porch.
- Watering frequency is significantly decreased. Smaller AquaPots last at least a week between waterings; larger Professional Series pots last up to one month.
- Water savings with no waste. One quarter of the water is used with AquaPots vs. similar sized pots on drip irrigation.
- Labor savings. Plants have continuous access to fertilizer-infused water and require minimal watering.
- Frost and freeze resistant ceramic. Simply empty the pot and flip it upside down for winter (in northern gardens).
Proven Winners and Michael Carr Designs recently debuted AquaPots at the Cultivate ’19 trade show and were honored to receive the Retailers’ Choice Award for new products sponsored by AmericanHort and The Garden Center Group.
Retailers are encouraged to pre-book both AquaPots and all Michael Carr Designs Pottery for Spring 2020 sales through BFG Supply Co.
For more information:
111 E Elm St Ste D
Sycamore, IL 60178