Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Dümmen Orange teams up with Esmeralda Breeding
From left to right: Philippe Veys (Dümmen Orange), Clarisse Ullrich (owner Esmeralda group), Ana Maria Quiñones (director R&D Esmeralda Breeding)
Under the new partnership, Dümmen Orange is the exclusive agent for Europe, Africa, Middle East and some countries in South America and Asia. The products include Alstroemeria, Aster, Eryngium, Hypericum, Limonium, Rice flower, Solidago, Statice, Rose and Veronica. Esmeralda Breeding will continue their own sales in the other area’s where they already have a strong customer network.
Ana Maria Quiñones, R&D Director of Esmeralda Breeding: “We are excited to open up our broad assortment of products to new markets and customers. We have been breeding for the last 20 years and now we are ready to release our innovative varieties to third parties. We believe that our partnership with Dümmen Orange will bring us opportunities to develop our assortment further and grow with new customers across the globe.”
Philippe Veys, Global Product Manager at Dümmen Orange: “We are delighted and proud to represent the assortment of Esmeralda Breeding towards our customers. The Esmeralda Breeding range has a great history and future potential. Our current assortment will be enriched with new products and especially for Alstroemeria and Hypericum we see huge opportunities in the market. The Esmeralda Breeding product range will be showcased to customers as part of Dümmen Orange’s marketing activities. We expect to be in full business in 2018.”
Clarisse Ullrich, Owner of Esmeralda & Esmeralda Breeding: "After a year of extensive negotiations we are optimistic and enthusiastic in initiating this venture with Dümmen Orange as a strategic partner. Our select varieties will now have the opportunity to extend to a wider market and the reach of our brand will be available worldwide. Expanding on Peter’s vision in breeding is a homage to his legacy.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 HilverdaFlorist launches new catalog for 2024
- 2023-05-30 Six candidates competing for FleuroStar
- 2023-05-30 India: Commercial tissue culture facility inaugurated at Punjab Ag University
- 2023-05-26 Space seeds are sprouting
- 2023-05-23 US: Proven Winners ColorChoice roses continue to earn top marks in trials
- 2023-05-23 “Growers no longer have to wait to see what a plant will do”
- 2023-05-15 "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- 2023-05-11 "We have earned our 75+ years of experience through the same values we still have today"
- 2023-05-09 Syngenta appoints new business manager for expanding Ornamentals team
- 2023-05-09 Efforts to strengthen the system for breeders rights protection in Mexico
- 2023-05-08 MNP / Suntory launches (how it's made) explanation video
- 2023-05-05 Sakata releases new Dania and Danique series
- 2023-05-03 Revisit the California Spring Trials displays of Ball Horticultural Company with virtual tour
- 2023-05-02 Proven Winners announces 2024 new varieties
- 2023-05-02 Dutch Spring Trials are on
- 2023-05-01 Interplant Roses organizes Rose Inspiration Days
- 2023-04-28 Austrian Parliament amends seed patent law
- 2023-04-27 "New location and new concept"
- 2023-04-25 Arun Sharma joins Benary as Global Head of Breeding
- 2023-04-24 "It marked an important event for South American rose growers"