- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- "Resilience as in going back to the past is not always better”
- “The ornamentals industry in the Philippines is flourishing"
- "Growers and traders know the old assortment but are only moderately aware of the new varieties"
- Sensors on flowers prove that nano-fertilizers help to save energy resources
Top 5 -last month
Koppert presents new edition of book Knowing & Recognizing
‘Knowing and recognizing’ received a massive make-over over the past year and now counts 443 pages of revised and updated information, dozens of illustrations on the life cycles, and 700 photographs of the most prevalent pests, diseases and their natural solutions.
The book was launched to coincide with the company’s jubilee year as part of its 50th anniversary celebrations. As keynote speaker at the ABIM this year, Koppert’s Managing Director Paul Koppert personally presented Willem Ravensberg, President of IBMA, with the first edition. Ravensberg: ‘The use of biocontrol is not a simple process it has become a complex system in which many aspects need to be considered. This new and expanded edition of Knowing and recognizing will give professionals in horticulture and agriculture an important tool when it comes to understanding and implementing biological crop protection.'
Paul Koppert explains why the book is important for the company: ‘Koppert believes that sharing knowledge can play an important role towards achieving 100% sustainable horticulture and agriculture. This reference book will help the company to project this aspect of our work.'
The first edition of ‘Knowing and recognizing’ was published 25 years ago, with the last update published in 2003. According to Managing Director Henri Oosthoek previous editions of the book have travelled far and wide: 'I even found a copy in Sudan last year. It is a wonderful ambassador for what we do and what we stand for.'
The new edition of this trusted growers' guide is the biggest to date, partly because of the new section on microbiology – an increasingly important component of biological crop protection.
The English version of ‘Knowing and recognizing’ can be ordered as of 1 November through the Koppert website. There are plans for translations and digital access to a number of chapters in the future.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Dingeman Hoek Groep construction starts
- 2017-10-30 "International auction group offers opportunities for members"
- 2017-10-27 US: How to succeed as an international horticultural consultant
- 2017-10-26 NL: International workshop on natural light & covering materials
- 2017-10-25 CAN (ON): Participate in developing an irrigation strategy for Niagara
- 2017-10-24 Koppert presents new edition of book Knowing & Recognizing
- 2017-10-23 Understanding standing orders
- 2017-10-20 US: Scientists seek public assistance in tackling rose rosette disease
- 2017-10-19 US (TX): Seminar for pest control pros is low-cost CEU opportunity
- 2017-10-18 The high-end approach towards indoor cultivation
- 2017-10-17 Modelling energy use and savings in the greenhouse
- 2017-10-16 5 tools to increase internal communication in floral companies
- 2017-10-13 "ClockOnline exceeds all expectations"
- 2017-10-12 All those things that could be automated
- 2017-10-11 Kenya faces two hurdles in quest for direct US flights
- 2017-10-10 KFC holds workshop on the need for social projects
- 2017-10-09 Managing the challenges of floral businesses
- 2017-10-06 NL: Customers and growers want more sustainable packaging
- 2017-10-05 CAN (ON): ErfGoed invests in Lincoln
- 2017-10-04 Standing Orders: A Solution for Recurrent Requirements