Auctions around the world have roughly the same opportunities and challenges. The development of digital platforms with online purchasing possibilities and the increasing sustainability criteria form the challenges. Internationalisation of the trade is an opportunity. That is why the AIPH has established an international auction group.
Royal FloraHolland is one of the six participants in the auction group established this month by the international association for horticulture, AIPH. The aim of this group is to exchange knowledge and mutual collaboration with auctions in China, Taiwan, Brazil, Australia and Japan. That offers opportunities for our members and their customers. Various studies have shown that such collaboration is sorely needed. Rabobank's sector outlook revealed, for example, that the western market is almost full. In other parts of the world, the market will grow 80% over the next 10 years.
Selling products via other international auctions
In the auction group the auctions share knowledge about each other's markets, and later they may consider each other's facilities. For example, by linking the markets of all these parties together, by using each other's platforms and auctions. This will make international trade easier for members and their customers, increasing each other's sales market.
Source: Royal FloraHolland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
"International auction group offers opportunities for members"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Dingeman Hoek Groep construction starts
- 2017-10-30 "International auction group offers opportunities for members"
- 2017-10-27 US: How to succeed as an international horticultural consultant
- 2017-10-26 NL: International workshop on natural light & covering materials
- 2017-10-25 CAN (ON): Participate in developing an irrigation strategy for Niagara
- 2017-10-24 Koppert presents new edition of book Knowing & Recognizing
- 2017-10-23 Understanding standing orders
- 2017-10-20 US: Scientists seek public assistance in tackling rose rosette disease
- 2017-10-19 US (TX): Seminar for pest control pros is low-cost CEU opportunity
- 2017-10-18 The high-end approach towards indoor cultivation
- 2017-10-17 Modelling energy use and savings in the greenhouse
- 2017-10-16 5 tools to increase internal communication in floral companies
- 2017-10-13 "ClockOnline exceeds all expectations"
- 2017-10-12 All those things that could be automated
- 2017-10-11 Kenya faces two hurdles in quest for direct US flights
- 2017-10-10 KFC holds workshop on the need for social projects
- 2017-10-09 Managing the challenges of floral businesses
- 2017-10-06 NL: Customers and growers want more sustainable packaging
- 2017-10-05 CAN (ON): ErfGoed invests in Lincoln
- 2017-10-04 Standing Orders: A Solution for Recurrent Requirements