- Managing Director, UK
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
- Marketing trends for 2023 your organization should consider
- "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- “A pot rose with an X-factor”
- Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- Special Year Overview 2022: Some award-winning rose varieties!
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Jürgen von den Driesch, Brandkamp:
"Jollies Fuchsia La Grande: "A new product from an old well known plant"
Jürgen von den Driesch at the FLowerTrials 2015. Click here to view the video made of the new varieties presented by Brandkamp at the FlowerTrials 2015.
Jollies Fuchsia La Grande
The European range of Brandkamp's fuchsias is called Jollies. Last season, they introduced La Grande, a new range consisting of three varieties. This year they added three new varieties to the assortment, which currently are available to the growers. At the moment, the La Grande range consists of six varieties.
The European interest for the large flowered fuchsias is surprisingly large. "Customers from Southern Europe love plants with large flowers and with the development of this La Grande range we are now able to meet this demand. Also in the UK, the demand is high. Our existing Jollies range is already very popular in the UK and the new La Grande line is adapting very quickly over there too. Remarkably, we are also recognizing an increasing demand for the large flowered fuchsias in the Netherlands and Germany. This is actually something we didn't expected," says von den Driesch.
Upper left: La Grande Alsace, upper right: La Grande Avignon. Bottom left: La Grande Picardie, and bottom right: La Grande Provence. "All varieties are named after cities in France," says von den Driesch.
Blooms all summer
Brandkamp has its own breeding program for fuchsias. One of their major requirements regarding breeding is the need for the fuchsia to bloom all summer long. "We were determined to let this variety bloom all summer long, because for the majority of the old fuchsia varieties this is not the case," says von den Driesch. Besides that, due to the high popularity in Southern Europe, high sun tolerance for the La Grande range is essential. Also a lot of attention is paid to the creation of busy plants without berries. Furthermore, Brandkamp is constantly adding new colors to the entire range of fuchsias. In the past, the red-blue and red-white varieties have been very popular. Now we see more diversification in the market, so the demand for more colors is increasing," he says.
The entire fuchsia assortment of Brandkamp consist of 60 varieties. The mother stock of the fuchsias are located in a 1.5 sized greenhouse in Uganda. About 4.000 square meter is used for the cultivation of these fuchsia mother plants, the remaining space is used for other bedding plants and pot chrysanthemums. The 1ha breeding and 3,5 ha rooting station is located in Germany.
For more information
Jürgen von den Driesch
Phone: +49 (0) 228/33 08 75
Fax: +49 (0) 228/33 47 00
Mobile: +49 (0) 171/4 13 55 91
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-09-30 BallSeed.com is now mobile-friendly
- 2015-09-29 Preesman launches 2 new varieties at FloraHolland Aalsmeer
- 2015-09-28 Selecta's Estelle Solidago won gold medal and best in class
- 2015-09-25 Gold for Explora gypsophila at FlowersExpo Russia
- 2015-09-24 UK: Earley Ornamentals adds four new colours to its SunPatiens range
- 2015-09-23 Netherlands: Noordam Plants focuses on five ornamental crops
- 2015-09-22 US: The orchid man left an unmatched legacy
- 2015-09-21 Cultivation tips for mini poinsettia of Selecta Klemm
- 2015-09-18 Product Novelty of Selecta Klemm: Dianthus Pillow
- 2015-09-17 Brandkamp adds three new fuchsias to the Jollies La Grande series
- 2015-09-16 "Strong interest for summer pot plants at FlowersExpo Russia"
- 2015-09-15 Award for Petunia NightSky of Selecta Klemm at OAK
- 2015-09-14 Netherlands: Berkhout Plants starts supply of Rainbow Passion
- 2015-09-11 Large flowers not enough to conquer Russian market
- 2015-09-10 "Limited synergy between seeds and crop protection business"
- 2015-09-09 "The Madam Red is 100% satisfaction"
- 2015-09-08 Salinity and its role in seed germination and plant growth
- 2015-09-07 Golden medal for Moerheim New Plant at Plantarium 2015
- 2015-09-04 Netherlands: Dümmen Orange puts Calanday in the spotlight
- 2015-09-03 Syngenta to sell vegetable seeds division