- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Cleaning is steaming?
Steaming methods can be applied in all areas of horticulture, both in greenhouses and on open fields. Increasingly, modern, effective and energy-efficient methods are being applied. In greenhouses sheet steaming is being replaced in some operations through the use of a steaming hood for the process of sandwich-type steaming. This involves disinfecting the ground to a depth of 25 centimeter. Initial experiences generated energy savings of 50 percent. This means that surface areas can be treated to a depth of 20 to 25 centimeter at a heating oil consumption rate starting at 0.7L per m², in order to completely remove weeds and soil-borne diseases.
Semi-automatic and fully-automatic steaming in particular are being used on open fields. Combating neophytes such as, for example, Japanese Knotweed and Yellow Nutsedge can be successful when using steam. Steam is also proving successful in combating weeds and soil fatigue in strawberry cultures, but also in tree nursery cultures. Steaming methods are also being used, last but not least, in weed control on public greens and parking facilities.
MSD will be at the IPM Essen, in Hall 3.0, Booth 3B52.
For more information:
MSD GmbH Dämpftechnik & Dämpfsysteme
DE 77770 Durbach
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2016-11-30 "It prevent us from running into bacterial infection problems"
- 2016-11-29 Susceptibility of basil species and cultivars to Peronospora belbahrii
- 2016-11-28 NL: The last nerine flowers leaving the greenhouse
- 2016-11-25 Video: What is happening with all that used rockwool?
- 2016-11-24 Horiver sticky traps claim to catch more thrips
- 2016-11-23 UK: Optimising crop nutrition and understanding soil steaming techniques
- 2016-11-22 Cleaning is steaming?
- 2016-11-21 Estimate production costs with free online tool
- 2016-11-18 CAN: Biobest and Evergro organize Growers Day in Lacombe, Alberta
- 2016-11-17 The missing link for a total biological systems approach
- 2016-11-16 Implementing BioSecurity in 9 steps
- 2016-11-15 "NL: "Problems with aphids are a thing of the past"
- 2016-11-14 "NL: "Biology is our first choice on principle"
- 2016-11-11 BioConsortia raises $12 million for development of multi-microbe products
- 2016-11-10 Environmental control system saves nursery more than C$50,000 a year
- 2016-11-09 UK: Developing new blends of growing media for horticulture
- 2016-11-08 New pollination webinars coming up at Koppert
- 2016-11-07 Plants with pure “biology inside”
- 2016-11-04 Weterings Mechanisatie speeds up greenhouse crop change
- 2016-11-03 Ensure optimum hygiene during crop change