- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
Video: What is happening with all that used rockwool?
Van Vliet Contrans collects the rockwool slabs and processes them into new raw materials. To do that, they first need to shred the slabs, and later on the material will have to rest for two months in order to dry.
Van Vliet now has a new drum installation to separate the rockwool from the organic and plastic materials. The remaining rockwool granulate is then suitable again for the production of stone bricks.
Van Vliet Contrans can process about 120.000m3 of rockwool slabs every year.
Here is a nice timelapse of the huge rockwool pile at Van Vliet:
For more information:
Van Vliet Contrans
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2016-11-30 "It prevent us from running into bacterial infection problems"
- 2016-11-29 Susceptibility of basil species and cultivars to Peronospora belbahrii
- 2016-11-28 NL: The last nerine flowers leaving the greenhouse
- 2016-11-25 Video: What is happening with all that used rockwool?
- 2016-11-24 Horiver sticky traps claim to catch more thrips
- 2016-11-23 UK: Optimising crop nutrition and understanding soil steaming techniques
- 2016-11-22 Cleaning is steaming?
- 2016-11-21 Estimate production costs with free online tool
- 2016-11-18 CAN: Biobest and Evergro organize Growers Day in Lacombe, Alberta
- 2016-11-17 The missing link for a total biological systems approach
- 2016-11-16 Implementing BioSecurity in 9 steps
- 2016-11-15 "NL: "Problems with aphids are a thing of the past"
- 2016-11-14 "NL: "Biology is our first choice on principle"
- 2016-11-11 BioConsortia raises $12 million for development of multi-microbe products
- 2016-11-10 Environmental control system saves nursery more than C$50,000 a year
- 2016-11-09 UK: Developing new blends of growing media for horticulture
- 2016-11-08 New pollination webinars coming up at Koppert
- 2016-11-07 Plants with pure “biology inside”
- 2016-11-04 Weterings Mechanisatie speeds up greenhouse crop change
- 2016-11-03 Ensure optimum hygiene during crop change