- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
- Export Manager
August 16-31 2015:
Fear Cotopaxi volcano, new varieties Benary, new greenhouse for S.L. Roses, launch hortivation, hail storms
Ball to acquire Conard-Pyle
In August 2015, Ball Horticultural Company was pleased to announce the purchase of Conard-Pyle, a century-old plant development company, which brought the Knock Out® family of roses to market. Conard-Pyle specializes in the genetics and sales of proprietary roses, perennials and woody plants, and is headquartered in West Grove, Pa.
Ecuadorian flower exports might be affected by volcano activity
The Ecuadorian Cotopaxi volcano, located about 50km (30 miles) from the city, last erupted in August 2015, prompting President Rafael Correa to declare a state of emergency. The Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) reported that the raised volcanic activity alert level closed the Latacunga airport on August 15. The activity of the volcano might affect the flower exports and flower farms that are located in that area.
Benary launches a new Viola cornuta F1 series
Benary announced that they will launch an all-new Viola cornuta F1 series, called Admire®. Admire® starts off with ten colours that offer a plethora of combinations for spring and autumn sales: Denim, Deep Blue, Marina, Orange Purple Wing, Pink, Pink Surprise, Red Blotch, Ruby Gold, Yellow and Yellow Blotch. To simplify the list of colours worldwide, from this season onward, Benary's whole range will only be given English names.
Twelve high-tech nurseries to be built in Kolhapur, India, within three years
In August 2015, the social forestry department announced that they will establish 12 high-tech nurseries at each of the talukas in the Kolhapur district at a total cost of Rs 4.2 crore. The plan is to develop the nurseries in the next three years starting from October this year. At present, the department is consulting other government offices like the district collectorate and tehsil offices for land to set up the nurseries.
Floritec in Uganda upgrades XClusive Cuttings facilities
Quality starts at the beginning, meaning at the mother plants. At the production facilities XClusive Cuttings in Uganda, Floritec started several years ago to upgrade their production techniques and simultaneously improve their procedures and quality standards. The Floritec production location – XClusive Cuttings in Uganda – has several certifications. "We set high standards at the overall quality of the cuttings. Only the best are good enough to go to our customers."
Yunnan invests in high-tech and high-speed industry
A relatively small province in China, Yunnan is preparing to be the next big thing by capitalizing on its strategic location that borders Southeast Asian countries and is almost next to South Asia’s India and Bangladesh. The Chinese government has big plans for Yunnan, which is part of the ancient Southern Silk Road from Chengdu in Sichuan to Myanmar and Bangladesh via Yunnan. The route branched, extending to India, Thailand and even Indonesia’s Java.
Spain: Dalsem to build 15ha greenhouse for Bionatur Roses S.L.
In August 215, Dalsem announced the construction of the high-tech greenhouse for Bionatur Roses S.L. The 15 hectares of greenhouse is intended for the production of high quality roses by hydroponic cultivation. Bionatur Roses S.L. selected the Dutch greenhouse construction company Dalsem for the entire project management from optimization, design, production, logistics and installation.
hortivation: all about concepts and experience
On August 27, IPM Essen introduced a new trade fair: hortivation. Not just selling a plant, but creating an experience. According to different market specialists, this is the future. For this reason IPM introduced this new trade fair. It will be held in Kalkar, Germany, parallel to the Flower Trials.
Exclusive products at the Seasons Trade Fair in the Netherlands
From August 25-29, 2015, the Seasons Trade Fair was held. "We decided to organize a small-scale event," says Aad van der Knaap of KP Holland. "Then, we will only receive visitors who we invited and they will have enough time to take a look at the products and to have some chats. It is highly valued."
Hail, thunderstorms destroy greenhouses in Holland and Belgium
Hailstones as large as pingpong balls and eggs, resulted in serious damage to a large number of greenhouses in Holland and Belgium in August 2015. Hail, thunder and lightning strikes caused severe problems for greenhouse growers; thousands of glass panes were broken all over the country. Most of the damage took place at ornamental growers.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-12-22 December 2017: Christmas preparations and fires in California
- 2017-12-21 Remember these? Special Year Overview
- 2017-12-20 Photo reports: Proflora, Ontario Greenhouse Conference, IFEX, PMA and WF&WFSA
- 2017-12-19 September 2017: Hurricane Irma disrupts flower industry in US, South America
- 2017-12-18 Kenya's post-election, minimum wage hike Canada, Costa Rican Mother's Day, Chinese Valentine's Day and more
- 2017-12-15 July 2017: Tendence Outdoor Living, Cultivate'17, Hishtil's 10th anniversary in South Africa and more
- 2017-12-14 IFTEX, FlowerTrials, Salon du Végétal, Hortitec and more
- 2017-12-13 Industry in the ban of GM petunia ban and Mother's Day sales results
- 2017-12-12 Iran Green Trade Fair, Hortiflorexpo, orange petunia and more
- 2017-12-11 CAST, new joint venture Benary+, Easter, AstanaFloraExpo and more
- 2017-12-08 Exhibitions, exhibitions and more exhibitions
- 2017-12-07 The first weeks of March 2017: Holiday preparations in full swing
- 2017-12-06 February 2017: Horticontact, MyPlant & Garden and of course... Valentine's Day
- 2017-12-05 Fierce mother nature, company changes and exhibitions
- 2017-12-04 The first few weeks of 2017
- 2017-12-01 Special Year Overview
- 2016-12-23 Christmas sales in full swing
- 2016-12-22 Unrest Royal Van Zanten Uganda, IFTF, FHTF, election Trump and more...
- 2016-12-21 Unrest Ethiopia, cold nights Ecuador, 10th anniversary Fleurizon, expansion Ball Australia and more
- 2016-12-20 Esmeralda farms Ethiopia closes down, new Red Naomi grower in Spain, Exhibitions and more